New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by dvldoc View Post
    Good day, the 1999 Starex we helped my in-laws buy aircon is dead. It's actually been dead for over a year. They were given what I consider a ridiculous quote for repair of 120000P. The Compressor I know is dead and the clutch on it does not engage. Looking for a full rebuild with a used second hand compressor.

They are up in Tuguegarao but would send my brother in-law down to Manila for repair since parts availability is much better.

Please if you can name a shop and contact info and average price.

Thanks
    Did I read it right chief? 120k for airconditioning? If it's only 12k and they will replace the compressor with a brand new one, then I believe it's quite fair. But 120k?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    That right they said 120k, they must be crazy because I could get a full used engine for that much.

It probably is a quote for a full a/c system rebuild from the Hyundai casa. Taga talaga. A full rebuild (replace everything from compressors, driers, evaporators, condensers, expansion valves, aux fans and a/c hose lines) will probably cost you less than 40k outside for a dual system.

If the compressor really needs to be replaced, I suggest to get a brand new one since surplus units are a hit and miss thing. Consumables that need to be replaced are refrigerants, oil and filter/driers. The rest can stay as long as there are no punctures/leaks in the system.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dvldoc View Post
    Good day, the 1999 Starex we helped my in-laws buy aircon is dead. It's actually been dead for over a year. They were given what I consider a ridiculous quote for repair of 120000P. The Compressor I know is dead and the clutch on it does not engage. Looking for a full rebuild with a used second hand compressor.

They are up in Tuguegarao but would send my brother in-law down to Manila for repair since parts availability is much better.

Please if you can name a shop and contact info and average price.

Thanks
    I repaired my Aircon Unit last year.
    Not sure if they repair the compressor.. maybe u can check with the company..

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    bro, starex madali lang i repair yan original na left hand drive naman yan, depende sa sira..
    compressor halla 10k puwede mo rin pa convert yan sa sanden
    condenser 5k
    evaporator 4k laminated
    expansion valve 1,500 front & rear 2pcs.
    drier aluminum 600
    others O-ring, Oil, Hoses, cleaning chemical, 3k
    di naman siguro papalitan lahat yan, kung papalitan lahat nasa 24k lang.
    plus labor fee.. masyadong mahal sa 120K

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Best place for 1999 Starex aircon repair