New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    What is the best and effective radiator coolant regardless of its price. Yung talagang makikita mo na nag improve yung temperature mo.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    I'd stick with OEM coolant.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    I'd stick with OEM coolant.
    OEM coolant? May nakita kasi ako na coolant yung "Purple Ice" di ko lang alam kung totoo toh, gusto ko pa kasi i-drop yung temp ko. Purple Ice® - Radiator Coolant Additive - Royal Purple

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by phototoy_co View Post
    OEM coolant? May nakita kasi ako na coolant yung "Purple Ice" di ko lang alam kung totoo toh, gusto ko pa kasi i-drop yung temp ko. Purple Ice® - Radiator Coolant Additive - Royal Purple
    If price is no object the best is Evans Waterless Lifetime Coolant.

Dropping temps is not a function of your coolant, its a function of your radiator/fan/pump. But in cars its mostly your radiator.

What's your ride and how many horses is your engine pulling?
    Last edited by EVO-V; August 23rd, 2013 at 01:41 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the thermostat is mostly responsible for the engine's operating temperature

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    hindi ba same lang properties ng mga coolant? nagkakaiba lang ng color.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kinyo View Post
    the thermostat is mostly responsible for the engine's operating temperature
    The thermostat only closes or opens to maintain operating temp, but if for instance the radiator or fan or pump is faulty, it will keep itself open but the engine will heat up.

Not all coolants are the same. Pretty lengthy discussion about this on its own depending on what materials are in your loop and what you use your equipment for.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    If your engine isn't operating at optimum temperature, wouldn't it strain your engine and make it work harder? Why do you want to bring the temperature down? Is your vehicle a daily driver?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by K.I.L.L. View Post
    If your engine isn't operating at optimum temperature, wouldn't it strain your engine and make it work harder? Why do you want to bring the temperature down? Is your vehicle a daily driver?
    If you overload your vehicle, in the cases of delivery fleets and reefer vans, every bit of heat exchange performance counts.

Not a lot of room to put in a larger radiator underneath an L300 or Isuzu truck-van.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by EVO-V View Post
    If you overload your vehicle, in the cases of delivery fleets and reefer vans, every bit of heat exchange performance counts.

Not a lot of room to put in a larger radiator underneath an L300 or Isuzu truck-van.
    We actually refitted our isuzu elf with a 4be1 engine with a bigger radiator. Maluwang pa eh. New brackets for the bottom holder of the radiator lang but from 2 rows naging 5 rows na ngayon. It was consistently having overheat problems due to a small problem with the cylinder head that can't be refaced anymore. Now we don't have any more problems with overheating. Although a converted van like this one may actually have a smaller radiator to begin with.

I use yung extended life coolant from Caltex. From what is readily available, it is bang for the buck imho since good for 5 years or 200,000kms of use for 50% dilution. It's just me though.

But yeah, there may be better coolants out there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast