New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Would putting an auxiliary fan on the aircon condenser(?) (that mini "aircon radiator" in front of the big engine radiator) help improve the cooling? The only fan my truck has is the big one which is attached to the engine, behind the radiator.

During noontime, it takes a considerable amount of time to cool the interior, especially if the auto has been left on the open.The aircon has just been cleaned last summer, and though it was colder, it still couldn't beat the noontime heat.

I got the idea of putting an aux fan from another car forum, but couldn't find any further discussion about it.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    IMO if your temp reading doesn’t exceed the normal range (usually at the middle) there’s no need to put one though some add an auxiliary fan not primarily for the condenser but for the radiator and engine.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    had mine installed recently. and on my ride, i could guarantee that it's cooler with the fan on. not that i have a problem with my aircon, it's just that at noon time and stuck in traffic, you'll feel the difference of the additional aux fan.
    I just placed a switch so I have control when it will turn on.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Iyan ang ginagawa sa mga relatively old cars. Aux fan para sa "radiator" ng aircon. Malaking tulong ito para lumamig ang aircon and pang iwas na rin sa over heat.

Ang design ng aircon is to reduce the temperature by a few degrees compared sa outside air. Let us say ang aircon mo ay designed for 10 degrees. Kung 35 sa labas, kahit na itodo mo pa ang aircon, haggang 25 lang kahit na i-set mo pa sa 20. Ang effect ay di hihinto ang compressor dahil di ma meet ang setting mo na 20. kaya pag gabi, o malamig sa labas, napakalamig ng aircon.

My father has an aux fax for his box type Lancer SL (1988 - not sure). He had an electrician place a switch so he can turn it on when needed.
    Last edited by meledson; January 17th, 2008 at 11:36 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mang mario (the higly recommended a/c serviceman of tsikot) installed an additional sanden aux fan in my 16 yr-old car and it made my a/c blow more cooler air inside my car. it cost me P2,500 pero sulit naman dahil super lamig!

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    yup, makakatulong sya. . .as the car gets older, the performance of its parts deteriorate; so in time, the aircon condenser would need a help in bringing the temperature of the freon down. . .

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Thanks for the feedback guys, I might have one installed sometime before the summer season starts

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    just make sure it's blowing the same direction as your main fan hehe... The main issue with diesel engines that uses the engine to control fan speed is that at idle, the fan will be moving too slow to cool down the condenser on a hot, sunny day... Most newer vehicles use 2 fans, one that's regulated for the engine temp, the other one for the AC...

aux fan for aircon condenser