New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    how do you get rid of this bad odor coming from the car's air-con? it's quite irritating because the car is still new and it emitts this particular smell (like cloth that didn't dry well)..the smell stays for only about 20 sec from air-con start up. I don't know where it comes from. Wala naman sumakay/sumasakay/pinapasakay na taong mabaho dun hehehehe I need your help! Bka kasi may alam kayo na solution para ndi ko na sya dalhin sa dealer. Thanks!!

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Turn off the A/C but not the blower. Leave the blower on for a two to three minutes in high setting before turning the system off.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    That's probably coming from the moisture that accumulates near the AC system air inlet.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    They are MOLDS.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    ilang taon na yung sasakyan? you might want to have the A/C system cleaned.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    check the pollen filter, most modern cars have one...

replace if possible...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    if this is an FD civic, ganyan daw talaga. 2 friends ko na naka FD yan ang problema.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    Turn off the A/C but not the blower. Leave the blower on for a two to three minutes in high setting before turning the system off.
    What he said^
    Common problem among bimmers. One cure is to replace the filters or you can spray Lysol while the AC is on at the vent intake.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by red_wagen View Post
    What he said^
    Common problem among bimmers. One cure is to replace the filters or you can spray Lysol while the AC is on at the vent intake.
    i don't suggest putting lysol spray while the ac is on at the vent intake, actually, lalong mangangamoy. magaamoy suka.

there is a mold killer spray available in the market today. i just forgot the brand, but i've seen some at Ace Hardware.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Ganyan din unit ko wayback in ’01 kabago-bago amoy pawis ang singaw ng vent! Asked myself, ganito ba talaga pag diesel? Because it was my first diesel ride. What I did is I make it a point to turn off the a/c thermostat on-off switch first for a few minutes before shutting down the fan and engine. Eventually nawala ang amoy panis na pawis na akala ko yung mga mech sa casa hehehe.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Air-Con smell