New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Magnetic coil is a good bet here.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by donald22 View Post
    so jick you mean i should put there a fuse with a higher amp? a 15 or 20 amp? but why all of a sudden do it need a higher amp fuse if thats the case?
    Dont use a higher amp fuse. You will potentially burn something if you do that.

Have your A/C system checked, mainly the magnetic coil of the aircon compressor.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    "getz 06 35000" = Hyundai Getz - model 2006 - 35,000km odometer.

still not sure of the model. what is the engine size? what is this car in the u.s. market? there is hyundai accent that uses 10 amp fuse for the a/c clutch. try replacing the fuse with a self resetting circuit breaker of 10 amps and by process of elimination, unplug a/c electrical components until the circuit breaker stops clicking. what are the conditions that have to be met immediately causing the fuse to blow?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    still not sure of the model. what is the engine size? what is this car in the u.s. market?
    http://www.auto-searchphilippines.com/HyundaiGetz.html

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009

not imported to north america. the last vehicle with 1.3l engine imported was the suzuki forsa (chevy sprint) in the '90's. peole who bought this car were told to stay off the freeways.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    i see, do you have any idea how much it will cost if thats the case? narerepair ba yun or replacement?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    out of curiosity i tried it with a 15 amp fuse and it worked my ac is blowing cold air again. but i follow mr ghosthunters advise baka mamaya may masunong pa na wiring or whatever lalo lalaki gastos.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by donald22 View Post
    i see, do you have any idea how much it will cost if thats the case? narerepair ba yun or replacement?
    Both. Assuming it's the coil, you can have it repaired but rewinding will take time (few hours).

Best to canvass both options to see which is more "acceptible" to you.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    donald, this should help. same thing happened to my kia picanto, 06 model around 34k kilometers. 10 amp fuse blew, changed it and it worked for 2 weeks. then it blew again. i repeatedly changed fuses even using a 15 amp one. all of them blew.

took the car to sir joel at ceejay's and as i suspected it was the magnetic coil. at first they wanted to take down the whole compressor but i insisted that they just yank out the clutch. they were able to do so and after around 3 hours (including rewinding since no replacement was available) aircon was ok. oh, and it cost me just a bit over a thousand pesos.

AFAIK, the getz and picanto share the same compressor make. HTH

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
AC fuse gets blown