New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rebel View Post
    Finally I got the car today and it's smells clean now.

They didn't charge me for the AC cleaning and I'm glad that they clean the whole system

I hope this does not happen again.

My usual practice is to turn OFF AC before turning OFF the engine.

I will now try to practice FAN for 2mins before turning OFF the engine.

We never had the problem with our SUV expedition or MB or CITY but it did happen with our Mazda 3 and Suzuki Vitara but the Camry has 10x more intensity in BAD ODOR compare to the two that had such issues.

From now on Toyota Ortigas Shaw would be my favorite service center.

great to hear that. Buti na lang at dyan din ako nagpapa service ng aming sasakyan. Sila pa pumi pick up ng auto sa opisina at sila na din nagdedeliver.

Sino nga pala ang SA nyo, sir?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    nice! buti nalang na ayos na! and good thing that Dealership helped you out with that problem. kasi warranty work talaga dapat yan.

aite, peace.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OT:
    Gusto ko lang isingit ito, crush na crush ko yan 2007 na Camry!!!!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    It's now 1 week after the system was cleaned.

The soapy fragrance smell is now gone and STINKY SMELL is back IN.

I called up the SA today but they told me they don't know what to do anymore if that is the case since they cleaned the evaporator already.

At this point they have to wait for advice from TMP

I ask him if there was other complains and he confirm there was but TMP told them the smell will go away by itself...... He also said that there were similar complains on the VIOS.

I think their cleaning didn't clean out the problem at it's source. If this is molds then it's still there.

As per the SA when they open up the drain they can't find any water that was trap but they decided to clean the evaporator just to make sure.

Now it's back STINKY as EVER.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Somethings very wrong with Toyota's quality system to have caused a stink problem, and to have released this car for sale with such a problem. Then worse, to have initially tried charging the customer for this warranty claim.

In fairness to TMP, at least the warranty was finally acknowledged, and they're trying to fix the problem, surprising lang that it was permanently fixed the first time.

Saan ba assembled itong Camry?

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Autobeat View Post

Saan ba assembled itong Camry?

Apparently, the Camry is CBU from Thailand.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rebel View Post
    They confirmed the bad smell ---- like basahan with water yucky!!!
    I don't know how the Camry's AC is different from older models but it looks like the evaporator drainage might be accumulating water and that causes the bad smell. Maybe it's a design flaw, since after having it cleaned the smell went back, so when owners use the car it seems to cause it.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Autobeat View Post
    surprising lang that it was permanently fixed the first time.
    Sorry typo. Meant that "surprising that it was not yet permanently fixed the first time".

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Hi to everybody, am new here and this is my first post.

Anyway, my brother told me about this thread since he thought I was the one complaining about the new Camry's AC.

I think I'm the one who Toyota Ortigas (C-5) was referring to since I had the AC cleaned last January 08 due to that stinky smell.

I bought my unit in Nov 06 at Toyota Commonwealth, started using it in January 07. In Jan 08, the AC smelled like dead cockroaches. I immediately brought it to Toyota Ortigas since I live in Pasig.

I was surprised when the SA told me that I have to pay 4,600 for aircon cleaning since it is not covered by warranty. I argued with him that it's a new camry, just 1 yr of usage, and only 6330 km odometer reading. But he was insistent on the charges and disrespectful. I told him I want to talk to their manager. Although their manager didn't speak to me, he was instructed to let Toyota Philippines people to take a look at the unit. My point was this, the unit is a Camry, not a low end car. It's only used in Metro Manila with 6330 km usage, never experienced in my other non Toyota cars. They concluded that it's not covered by warranty.

So I sent an email to Toyota Philippines. A reply from them saying that they referred it back to the servicing dealer. The dealers' findings--Not Covered by Warranty. I asked them again if they can reconsider since the defect is not my fault, and I believe it's a factory defect. (Proven Right!).

They gave me a 50% discount so I decided to accept their offer to lessen my stress since I was MAD as hell, and bec. besides this problem, binastos pa ako ng SA.

When I went to claim the car, bumait na yung SA (since alam na ng customer Service nila). He gave me add'l discount pa so I paid around 2,100.

1 month has passed and no problems yet. He advised me to buy an ionizer.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    Hi to everybody, am new here and this is my first post.

Anyway, my brother told me about this thread since he thought I was the one complaining about the new Camry's AC.

I think I'm the one who Toyota Ortigas (C-5) was referring to since I had the AC cleaned last January 08 due to that stinky smell.

I bought my unit in Nov 06 at Toyota Commonwealth, started using it in January 07. In Jan 08, the AC smelled like dead cockroaches. I immediately brought it to Toyota Ortigas since I live in Pasig.

I was surprised when the SA told me that I have to pay 4,600 for aircon cleaning since it is not covered by warranty. I argued with him that it's a new camry, just 1 yr of usage, and only 6330 km odometer reading. But he was insistent on the charges and disrespectful. I told him I want to talk to their manager. Although their manager didn't speak to me, he was instructed to let Toyota Philippines people to take a look at the unit. My point was this, the unit is a Camry, not a low end car. It's only used in Metro Manila with 6330 km usage, never experienced in my other non Toyota cars. They concluded that it's not covered by warranty.

So I sent an email to Toyota Philippines. A reply from them saying that they referred it back to the servicing dealer. The dealers' findings--Not Covered by Warranty. I asked them again if they can reconsider since the defect is not my fault, and I believe it's a factory defect. (Proven Right!).

They gave me a 50% discount so I decided to accept their offer to lessen my stress since I was MAD as hell, and bec. besides this problem, binastos pa ako ng SA.

When I went to claim the car, bumait na yung SA (since alam na ng customer Service nila). He gave me add'l discount pa so I paid around 2,100.

1 month has passed and no problems yet. He advised me to buy an ionizer.
    Is this the same model as the current camry 2008 ??

My car was bought last August 2007 I had the problem this 2008 and ODO reading is at 9,000 already but either way it's still new and within warranty.

I'm glad that I wasn't the only one who has this problem locally.....The AC stink is popular in the USA forum with lots and lots of victims.

Now I have to wait for them to call me up when they can try fix the problem again. Major bummer if you ask me. 3 days with them 1 week with me the car is now officially STINKY again

TOYOTA ARE YOU HERE? LISTEN UP IT'S A CAMRY 3.5 TOP OF THE LINE SEDAN YOU HAVE CURRENTLY ON SALE IN THE COUNTRY.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
2007 Camry AC STINKS!!!