New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    or if you are going to park your car for long periods, push the fresh air in button (dunno whats that called) basta para yung air sa labas papasok? thats the problem of my honda city dati, when left re-circulating air, ang baho the next day, pero mawawala naman kaagad.

also try blasting your fan speed way up when the air con is already off (when you are nearing your home or destination) para mawala yung lamig ng aircon.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    I've observed something similar on our 2007 Mazda3. But then Mazda3's are well known for their stinky aircon.

Here's something I've done to avoid the stink on startup (it's not so bad on the Mazda3, just faintly annoying).

About 3 minutes before you shut off the engine (say when you enter the parking), turn the A/C off but leave the blower running. It's even nicer if you switch the A/C from recirculate to allow outside air in. Run the blower on maximum, with the A/C off. This will evaporate any residual moisture.

Also, you can try running the blower at maximum and heater at maximum for half an hour (the car will get very hot... do this at home). If there are any molds or something the waste heat from the engine will kill them.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    ok, so I did some little "investigation" earlier tonight and I turned on the A/C on the Camry and took it for a drive (since I have to go out to the store anywayz..)

so I had the AC on for about 10 mins and I didnt smell a thing. but it was cold as hell though! plus it was already cold outside at around 40*F!! I was freezin my ass already! lolz! but still, no smell.

aite, peace.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Based on experience pag ang AC ay bumaho it means madumi na evaporator usually sa 2 year old car meron na..Just have it cleaned ok na...Pero 3 mo old car camry pa?? Hmm there must be something wrong..

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I think the service people of the Toyota dealer which was visited by the T.S. are total a**holes, no way would I pay P7,500 to fix the A/C of a new car with factory warranty to boot.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by suysuy View Post
    tip ko lang (not sure though hehe)

wag mag spray ng pabango/perfume/cologne sa loob ng car. didikit sa filter yung amoy. kasama ang dirt. so babaho yan

lalo na yung mga gel type na car freshener. where do you think the gel goes? sa filter. pag mag sublime yan diretso yan sa filter.

I don't like perfumes as well napilitan ako sa bahooooo.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico View Post
    I've observed something similar on our 2007 Mazda3. But then Mazda3's are well known for their stinky aircon.

Here's something I've done to avoid the stink on startup (it's not so bad on the Mazda3, just faintly annoying).

About 3 minutes before you shut off the engine (say when you enter the parking), turn the A/C off but leave the blower running. It's even nicer if you switch the A/C from recirculate to allow outside air in. Run the blower on maximum, with the A/C off. This will evaporate any residual moisture.

Also, you can try running the blower at maximum and heater at maximum for half an hour (the car will get very hot... do this at home). If there are any molds or something the waste heat from the engine will kill them.
    I used to own a Mazda 3 2007 and the AC stinks but trust me the camry is 10x worst.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    I got a friend who refer me to bicutan toyota and they want to charge me 4,000.00 instead of 7,500.00 and they can do it in 1 days unlike 3 days of Toyota Shaw.

I will try the Toyota-Shaw-Ortigas next week.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    before shelling out 4 grand...try out some of the recommended remedies listed above, you may just save yourself alot of money...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    I agree with you. The car now is running on heater for 30mins and I spray Lysol on the air intakes from the EXTERIOR which is suck all the way inside the evaporator.

I hope it work. I'm sure the lysol went IN from outside since I can smell lyson inside the car vents.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
2007 Camry AC STINKS!!!