New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    mga expert, can anyone suggest how dark I can go if I put some tint on my windsheild? stock na dark 3M tint nakalagay sa windows ng civic ko and its kind of hard to see at night if the light is poor. im wondering i i should just put a light tint or a medium one, ok lang naman makita sa loob, mainit lang yung araw pag nakabilad sa open parking or pag natraffic.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Mine is super black on all sides except the windshield (Medium). The shop where I had it done discouraged me from installing super black on the windshield since it will be hard to drive at night. They instead advised to get medium on the windshield since it will have almost the same effect as super dark. Surprisingly it looked good and I couldn't tell that the windshield is of a lighter shade (except on fluorescent). I however find it hard to drive at dark roads

If your purpose is just to lessen the effect of heat then I guess a lighter tint will do. I don't know how good it will look though.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Thanks! its not so much the looks, heat lang talaga. but its good to know that the medium is still dark at night, yun kasi mahirap eh.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    Mine is super black on all sides except the windshield (Medium). The shop where I had it done discouraged me from installing super black on the windshield since it will be hard to drive at night. They instead advised to get medium on the windshield since it will have almost the same effect as super dark. Surprisingly it looked good and I couldn't tell that the windshield is of a lighter shade (except on fluorescent). I however find it hard to drive at dark roads

If your purpose is just to lessen the effect of heat then I guess a lighter tint will do. I don't know how good it will look though.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Thanks! its not so much the looks, heat lang talaga. but its good to know that the medium is still dark at night, yun kasi mahirap eh.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Timi the Kid View Post
    if you really want heat resistance lang and still clear, id suggest v-kool or crystalline 3m (medyo pricey nga lang). ok talaga heat resistance 98% ata. try to contact la cars, they have the very good warranty.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Timi the Kid View Post
    mga expert, can anyone suggest how dark I can go if I put some tint on my windsheild? stock na dark 3M tint nakalagay sa windows ng civic ko and its kind of hard to see at night if the light is poor. im wondering i i should just put a light tint or a medium one, ok lang naman makita sa loob, mainit lang yung araw pag nakabilad sa open parking or pag natraffic.
    what is your vehicle's color? i've found na lighter color cars look better with light to neutral tints (silver etc). dark ones go well with light black to super black.

one shop here in fairview qc offers a cheaper alternative to 3m, 5 years guarantee that their tint wont fade/peel/change color. half the price of 3m, at made in japan pa daw. sabi ko kahit ano wag lang Gila tint... ilang beses na din ako na-fake ng bwisit na tint na yun... super black after a few months parang dark violet na. sus. ampanget.

had my older, silver civic tinted one piece medium neutral sa windshield, the dark neutral everywhere else. when i drive its like there's no tint on the windshield, less glare pa (kahit hindi nako mag sunglasses). pag gabi the windshield tints semi-disappear... parang wala. i think the more light strikes the newer tints, the more they turn opaque. so pag nasisinagan ng araw yung tint, lalo nagiging dark. cool! hehe

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    medium black for windshield and super black all around...

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    I suggest the lightest neutral magic tint of 3M. Cuts the heat during the day and it's clear enough to see at night or when it's raining hard.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post
    what is your vehicle's color? i've found na lighter color cars look better with light to neutral tints (silver etc). dark ones go well with light black to super black.

one shop here in fairview qc offers a cheaper alternative to 3m, 5 years guarantee that their tint wont fade/peel/change color. half the price of 3m, at made in japan pa daw. sabi ko kahit ano wag lang Gila tint... ilang beses na din ako na-fake ng bwisit na tint na yun... super black after a few months parang dark violet na. sus. ampanget.

had my older, silver civic tinted one piece medium neutral sa windshield, the dark neutral everywhere else. when i drive its like there's no tint on the windshield, less glare pa (kahit hindi nako mag sunglasses). pag gabi the windshield tints semi-disappear... parang wala. i think the more light strikes the newer tints, the more they turn opaque. so pag nasisinagan ng araw yung tint, lalo nagiging dark. cool! hehe
    Sir Volts! salamat sa suggestion, I own a black civic FD so I guess a light black tint is whats good for me, baka may alam kayong shop here sa south or makati that can offer the tint that you are telling me about! thanks again sir!

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Radical! View Post
    I suggest the lightest neutral magic tint of 3M. Cuts the heat during the day and it's clear enough to see at night or when it's raining hard.
    baka naman pricey yan sir? would you know how much it costs?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Windsheild tint suggestions please...