New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Tip if you're going for VKool OEM:

Assuming that the installer has properly cleaned the glass in a dust-free area before installing the tint, do not roll down the windows and do not wipe the tint (kahit madumi sa shampoo pag install) and let the freshly installed tint immediately cure/dry directly under the sun, preferrably noon or from 10am to 2pm) to make sure that the adhesive will really hold on to the glass and not start to peel off on the edges after a couple of months (since the film is thicker than other brands and won't contour to the curve of thr glass easily). Kaya mas maganda magpa-tint kung galit ang araw.

Tip when going for 3M black tint:

DO NOT GET THE FX ST or "standard" (popular term) or any simple dyed tint. That will start to fade after about 3 years (much faster kung wala kayong bubong).

Upgrade to 3M CS Series (color stable) since its carbon content prevents it from ever fading (kahit 5 years or more na na nakabilad sa araw).

3M CS Series should have a dark bluish tint when viewed from the inside while 3M FX ST Series will have a dark greenish tint when viewed from the inside (ingat sa sales-talk ng mga taga-accessories department ng casa).

With regards to VKool OEM 20 vs 3M CS 20 (both medium and most popularly suggested as budget but quality wrap-around), halos pareho lang ang visibility viewing from inside at heat rejection kung nasa loob kayo. Kung gusto nyo deep black look from the outside, 3M CS 20 looks deeper while VKool OEM 20 is shinier (kase may metallic content na parang 3M BC Series (Black Chrome) or "magic" (popular term) pero less reflective lang. Depende na din sa budget.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by doy View Post
    Tip if you're going for VKool OEM:

Assuming that the installer has properly cleaned the glass in a dust-free area before installing the tint, do not roll down the windows and do not wipe the tint (kahit madumi sa shampoo pag install) and let the freshly installed tint immediately cure/dry directly under the sun, preferrably noon or from 10am to 2pm) to make sure that the adhesive will really hold on to the glass and not start to peel off on the edges after a couple of months (since the film is thicker than other brands and won't contour to the curve of thr glass easily). Kaya mas maganda magpa-tint kung galit ang araw.

DO NOT GET THE FX ST or "standard" (popular term) or any simple dyed tint. That will start to fade after about 3 years (much faster kung wala kayong bubong).

Upgrade to 3M CS Series (color stable) since its carbon content prevents it from ever fading (kahit 5 years or more na na nakabilad sa araw).

3M CS Series should have a dark bluish tint when viewed from the inside while 3M FX ST Series will have a dark greenish tint when viewed from the inside (ingat sa sales-talk ng mga taga-accessories department ng casa).

With regards to VKool OEM 20 vs 3M CS 20 (both medium and most popularly suggested as budget but quality wrap-around), halos pareho lang ang visibility viewing from inside at heat rejection kung nasa loob kayo. Kung gusto nyo deep black look from the outside, 3M CS 20 looks deeper while VKool OEM 20 is shinier (kase may metallic content na parang 3M BC Series (Black Chrome) or "magic" (popular term) pero less reflective lang. Depende na din sa budget.
    Perfect info for my dilemma right now. I'm contemplating on changing my CS20 to VKOOL OEM20 sana coz I find cs20 a very dark inside (cs20 wrap around). Pareho lang pala. Iniisip ko kung yung K28 nalang.

Thank you for this, sir.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Bach View Post
    Perfect info for my dilemma right now. I'm contemplating on changing my CS20 to VKOOL OEM20 sana coz I find cs20 a very dark inside (cs20 wrap around). Pareho lang pala. Iniisip ko kung yung K28 nalang.

Thank you for this, sir.
    Diritso ka nalang sa higher series VKool, boss. Pero kung gusto mo ma-maintain ang deep black look na tint, yung 3M CS Series lang ang meron. Pero talo lang cya sa visible light transmission na hanap natin lalo na sa night driving.

Pero before ka magpalit ng tint, try nyo nalang magpa-windshield detailing tapos palagay ng hydrophobic treatment. Baka malabo lang dahil sa water marks.
    Last edited by doy; November 5th, 2017 at 06:59 PM.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Bach View Post

Thank you for this, sir.
    Not worth it to switch from CS20 to VKool OEM20. I have both and there's minimal difference between the two.

16% VLT for CS20 with 52% TSER. 19% VLT for OEM20 with 50% VLT.
    Diritso ka nalang sa higher series VKool, boss. Pero kung gusto mo ma-maintain ang deep black look na tint, yung 3M CS Series lang ang meron. Pero talo lang cya sa visible light transmission na hanap natin lalo na sa night driving.
    3M CS20 has lower VLT by 3% in exchange for better TSER (+2%). So far I haven't had any issues driving at night even on provincial roads with CS20 for my windshield and CS05 for the sides.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Not worth it to switch from CS20 to VKool OEM20. I have both and there's minimal difference between the two.

16% VLT for CS20 with 52% TSER. 19% VLT for OEM20 with 50% VLT.

3M CS20 has lower VLT by 3% in exchange for better TSER (+2%). So far I haven't had any issues driving at night even on provincial roads with CS20 for my windshield and CS05 for the sides.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
    Referring to CS20 vs the planned K28.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Yung isa kong car k14 wrap around full ws. Ok naman pati heat rejection. Kahit nabilad sa araw sa parking, saglit lang malamig na ac. Medyo dark lang sa gabi yung ws. Yung isa naman 3m medium, hindi ko alam saktong series. Ramdam mo init sa loob. Same naka leather seats.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002

I have 3 cars with 3M FX-ST or the basic 3m tint with over three years na but still no Discoloration/purpling effect. all 3 cars parked outside under the sun.
    1 of the cars are 9 years with the same 3M standard Medium tint the other 8 years with dark 3m standard tint. They were both installed by Authorized 3M dealer. During the time i installed these tint it wasn't being called FX-ST, if i remember parang standard lang tawag nila. Wala pa nung Ceramic tint ng 3M although mayrun na Vkool.
    the 3rd car had 3M FX-ST medium tint by Toyota Casa. the car is over 4 years old na and no discoloration yet.

The tint that i had experience with purpling/discoloration is the Panther tint and Platinum (not sure exact name?) tint. At around 5 years these would turn purple.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    i had 3m free tint standard medium dark from casa on my sedan since 2008. no issue on fading yun lang sa windshield ay nagkaroon ng mga bubbles na medyo affected na driving vision. pinapalitan ko last month ng vkool k28/k14 series para masubukan naman. 5 years warranty with discount pag weekdays. nagkaroon ng mga bubbles, pero inayos naman at ok na siya. imho mas ok yung privacy ng k series. i find the oem 05 too dark.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mox646 View Post
    Yung isa kong car k14 wrap around full ws. Ok naman pati heat rejection. Kahit nabilad sa araw sa parking, saglit lang malamig na ac. Medyo dark lang sa gabi yung ws. Yung isa naman 3m medium, hindi ko alam saktong series. Ramdam mo init sa loob. Same naka leather seats.
    Madilim talaga yan, boss, kase mababa na ang visible light transmission ng K14 ("14" being the VLT; same with other VKool series and 3M series). Medyo acceptable pa ang VLT na around 20 ("medium" tint ang popular term). Pero mataas ang heat rejection nyan compared sa "dark" or "super black" ng ibang tint brands kahit compared sa VKool OEM 5 (darkest ng OEM series). Kaha mas madali lumamig ang aircon. Upgrade the headlight bulbs nalang to 4,300 Kelvin 55-watt HID bulb in projector housing or 4,300 Kelvin XHP70 type Cree LED bulb.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    totoo po ba ang 3M BC affects GPS and cell signals?