New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by LAcars
    Hi Guys, rainbow effect on tint is normally a sign of unhealed tint. Rainbow effect normally takes time to heal out depending on the kind of film installed. The thicker the film such as IR ( infra red ) take longer ( months ) before they start to cure. Brands such as Solargard, 3M, Sungard heal easier than Rike Cool or Vkool. Evaporation is the solution for this and hence, takes it's time. The rainbowish pattern is caused by the shampoo and water combination between the tint and glass. Once evaporated, the soapy solution disappears giving a clean and clear glass effect.

mag 1 year na tong stripes ko sir.. rainbow talaga parang film..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by finchy18
    mag 1 year na tong stripes ko sir.. rainbow talaga parang film..
    time to claim warranty?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Finchy, you had 3M installed? what shade? Normally 3M heals less than a week.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hi Guys, rainbow effect on tint is normally a sign of unhealed tint. Rainbow effect normally takes time to heal out depending on the kind of film installed. The thicker the film such as IR ( infra red ) take longer ( months ) before they start to cure. Brands such as Solargard, 3M, Sungard heal easier than Rike Cool or Vkool. Evaporation is the solution for this and hence, takes it's time. The rainbowish pattern is caused by the shampoo and water combination between the tint and glass. Once evaporated, the soapy solution disappears giving a clean and clear glass effect.
    LAcars, thanks for your explanation. i guess i'll just have to wait until the tint dries out. i've had it for about a month now, and the view does get distracting. can you be more specific when you say that it takes months to heal? i also notice that i don't get that rainbow effect/glare on my door and rear glass, only on my windshield. how could this be?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    less curvature, less "prism" effect.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    i think in some tints meron talaga yung rainbow effects pag natamaan ng ilaw, like for solar gard (magic dark and medium) ganon sya talaga.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    thanks for the explanation sir, magkano ba for a regular sedan and clear rike cool all around?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    NazQ: Please inquire via PM

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    NazQ: Please inquire via PM
    sorry po sa OT mods. LaCars PMed you. thanks.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kookai
    hmmm, something like that pero not exactly. kasi hindi naman hazy yung buong view ng windshield. it's actually clear, except for the reflection from light sources (like headlights, tail/brake lights, stop lights, etc.)
    im thinking of putting rike cool also. this characteristic, would you say that it bothers you enough that it distracts you from driving safely? or is it something that you just notice, and maybe you'll get used to it in time? tia for your comments maybe it's because of the sputtered metal that's embedded into the tint (if it has sputtered metal).

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
RIKE COOL tint (ala v-kool)