New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Guys, would it affect the defogger at the rear windshield if the tint is removed?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    Guys, would it affect the defogger at the rear windshield if the tint is removed?
    Do you mean damage it? It shouldn't, unless mahina na dikit ng defogger lines and sumama sya sa tint pagkahatak. Conductive paint yan sa pagkakaalam ko eh.

Sa install i think ang mahirap, kasi may risk na maputol ng cutter yung grids habang tinitrim yung installed tint.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    I think it is the opposite. Removal ang mas delikado kaysa installation. Nagpakabit ako ng new tint sa rear windshield dati. Solar Gard Santolan had me sign a waiver for damages to the defogger that may result during removal of old tint. But they will remove the old tint carefully naman. Working pa rin ang defogger after intalling the new tint.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    OT

How to check if defogger is still working?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    OT

Switch it on. The defogger heater lines will get warm.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    OT

Switch it on. The defogger heater lines will get warm.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    mahirap tanggalin kung mga nasa 3years old na tint mo.may maiiwan.
    pero kung mga nasa 1 year palang .bili ka lang ng cutter blade pang cut sa isang gilid para masikwat mo kung baga.tapos hatakin mo na ng dahan dahan hanggang sa matanggal mo.wag ka gagamit ng heat gun at baka masobrahan.delikado pa windshied mo,mababasag yan..

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I had experienced with my 1997 civic where the defogger were damaged at some sections after a tint replacement. When it rained and I switched it on, I could see portions of the windshield remained hazy while some portions were clear.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    I've removed a very old tint on my civic 2000.

I use steam to remove it. Steam softens the tint and dissolve the adhesive making it simple to remove. Even if the adhesive is hard like stone or a century old. Steam will just annihilate it to smithereens.

What I did was to shove a garden hose in the kettle spout and secure it with a duct tape. The hose should be long enough to reach the areas of your windows, especially the rear window. Since I have a portable induction stove, it was easy and safe for me to do this as no flame is involved.

When the water boils in the kettle, hot steam will be coming out of the hose. I use a towel to handle the hose because it so freaking HOT! I directed the hose on the tint and let the steam do it's job to soften the tint and dissolve the adhesive. Maybe, 30 seconds or so, you can start peeling it by using a plastic ruler. Do not set aside the steamer. Attack it as you peel and scrape. If you set aside the steamer, the tint will cool down and it will be harder to remove. As for the rear window with the defogger, no problem. Just attack the tint with the steam and the tint will just slide off. You can use your fingers, but it will be too hot.

An alternative for this is, you can use your iron set at max and place a damp towel on it. Steam will be coming out from this. Then, you can iron the tint with the damp towel and just the same, the tint will slide off like butter. Just make sure to damp your towel in your pail, otherwise it will get dry. However, with this method, it will be difficult reaching the bottom part of the rear window.

Labor cost: 0
    Experience needed: None
    Time needed: 2 hours
    Fun factor: It can get addictive as you peel LOL

Happy Steaming!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    On the topic: san maganda/maayos magpainstall ng vkool tint?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12