New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    I recently had tint installed on my car about 6 months ago, sad to say I made a bad choice not on the brand but rather the darkness level of the tint. I believe I may have selected a really really reaaaallly dark option cos for the past few months, driving has been very difficult to the point that I even had recently installed a set of headlamps with higher wattage, and it barely helped, so question is would I be better off just removing the tint on the windshield of my car or just carving out the lower part and leaving the top part for shade purposes? and if I do choose to have the tint at the windshield altered how much do you think a shop would charge? (just a rough estimate) and just in case if its a bit steep, is it possible to do a DIY tint removal and best way to go about it? any helpful tips will be much appreciated thanks

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Madali lang magtanggal, sakin i just did it myself dati.
    But to cut or alter it, i guess you'd need some practice with a steady hand. Given na wala pa experience pagawa mo nalang, baka kasi magasgasan pa yung glass. Pang tip lang presyuhan nyan malamang. Kasi ang price range ng pagtanggal for the whole car parang asa 200 lang, eh hamak na mas mahirap magtanggal ng buo kesa cut lang, especially sa healthy tint since kaya ito mahatak ng buo.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    sige, I might just consider na ako lng mag tanggal, any tips or the easiest way to remove it or how you did it? kailangan ko lng itanggal ang tint sa windshield only, thanks

4. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    I read in V-Kool thread na P800 tint removal for the whole car. So pwedeng P200 for the windshield. Pero usually free removal ang old tint kapag nagpa-install ka ng new tint. This is based on my experience with Solar Gard and 3M.

Kapapa-install ko lang ng light tint early this month. 3M BC35 for the windshield ng ASX. P2,000 ang cost with install and free removal of old tint.

Kung ika-cut naman, ibayad mo na lang din sa pro. Pag hindi ka sanay, baka magasgas mo ung glass or kaya hindi diretso ang cut mo.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I read in V-Kool thread na P800 tint removal for the whole car. So pwedeng P200 for the windshield. Pero usually free removal ang old tint kapag nagpa-install ka ng new tint. This is based on my experience with Solar Gard and 3M.

Kapapa-install ko lang ng light tint early this month. 3M BC35 for the windshield ng ASX. P2,000 ang cost with install and free removal of old tint.

Kung ika-cut naman, ibayad mo na lang din sa pro. Pag hindi ka sanay, baka magasgas mo ung glass or kaya hindi diretso ang cut mo.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    When I don't like my tint anymore, I remove it DIY method. I just make sure I've some cloth, water sometimes mixed with joy in a spray can, and old newspapers. I start from the corner and peel it off. Hindi ko minamadali. As much as possible buo ko matatanggal. After matanggal, that's when I spray the glass and wipe with cloth. Kung may remnants ng adhesive, I use the old newspapers to remove it.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossmonkee View Post
    sige, I might just consider na ako lng mag tanggal, any tips or the easiest way to remove it or how you did it? kailangan ko lng itanggal ang tint sa windshield only, thanks
    I bought some glass cleaner na ammonia based, mabantot ito kaya takip ka nalang ilong. Rags then open spread a garbage bag.

Rags on top of the dash. Then pagkaspray sa tint ng cleaner, dikit ng garbage bag, to hold the liquid in place ba at mababad. Then a few minutes later start from a corner, make sure na pati yung sticky layer ang mahatak mo and not just the film before ka magcommit. Kapag medyo na angat na onti, spray sa ilalim ng tint to help then work your way nalang.

Pero if your tint naman is healthy, meaning walang bubbles at hind pa malutong. I think you can just pull it carefully off, start again from a good corner.

Ang important lang talaga is pagkaangat mo ng corner, kasama yung sticky layer.
    You know how stickers are kapag ang nahila mo yung upper layer lang, ganun sya tapos mahirap tanggalin.

By the way nowadays malamang marami na din sa youtube ng guides nito, baka better and cheaper methods pa.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    If you want to remove it. A heatgun helps alot. Or a steamgun. Hair dryer also. If wala tools, then sa afternoon when the sun has heated the car interior to about 50c, that thing would peel off a little easier.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Sige Ill try this and also search around, good thing no office today hehehe, thanks a lot to all those that replied

9. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Sige Ill try this and also search around, good thing no office today hehehe, thanks a lot to all those that replied

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Install lighter tint iba pa rin may tint. Libre na tanggal in that case out crv cost 5300 wrap around na 3m including the removal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast