New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 152 of 236 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162202 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 2358
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by red_one View Post
    +1 on this. For dark subjects (e.g. dark tints) with camera set to AUTO, it will use the largest aperture size, slowest shutter speed and highest ISO available to compensate. The result: dark tint will appear lighter on the photo than it really is.
    Nad aadjust din naman ang mata di lang ang camera. However, kung ang concern mo ay visibility sa gabi specially pag poorly lit to unlit roads ang parati mong dinadaanan then clear tint is the way to go.

Someone posted about dark tint and the under bone without headlight sa poorly lit road. Kahit naka baba pa yang window mo di mo makikita yan.

Kupas na ang tint ko so naka schedule na palitan next week. I will probably go with the K14 + OEM 05 combo, pag tacky ang K14 and Dark combo then baka OEM 20 + OEM 05 na lang.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Here's a comparison of VK70 and OEM20. These were taken at 12 noon, using the same camera settings for both pictures:

The difference is significant even if it's just medium tint. Now imagine a rainy night with your windows full of water droplets, it suddenly becomes much more difficult to see your side mirrors and change lanes.

One guy who hit my car before said that he couldn't see me cuz of the rain and cuz his window started to fog up. That was along Shaw Blvd. which has pretty good road lighting. He had ultra dark tint on his van.

Of course, there are those who argue that our eyes adjust anyway so visibility is still good with dark tints. I adjusted my camera settings to try and mimic the level of visibility of the VK:

If you look at the EXIF data, it requires a shutter speed that's 2.5x slower than what was required with the VK70 to get similar visibility. With OEM05, surely you'll need more than 2.5x light to compensate. Of course, in daytime, there's so much light that our eyes can easily adjust to accommodate 2.5x more light to compensate for the darker tint. However, on a rainy night or on a poorly lit road (or both), our eyes just aren't sensitive enough to adjust such that visibility is still as good as with lighter tints.

Here's an additional comparison of the view from inside with the windows halfway up:

And here's how it looks like on a rainy night:

The HID retrofit on the Mazda should give 3x more light than the stock halogens on the Altis, but the darker tint negates most of that additional output, ultimately leaving you with less road lighting. Not to mention, HID doesn't solve the problem of greater difficulty seeing things through your side mirror.

Of course, if people want dark tints, then by all means they should get them. I'm just saying that there's a big sacrifice in visibility with dark tints, and no, not even Vkool's dark tints can give you good visibility. You just can't have it all.
    Last edited by jut703; October 10th, 2015 at 07:07 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    ^ Sir Jut,

I have a feeling that when you put down or count out the sunroof on the Mazda 3, the difference will be way more pronounced than what you see in those pictures.

This is probably why the windshield tint looks lighter than the window tint based on the picture kahit naka OEM20 yung dalawa.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    +1 jut, great post.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    ^ Sir Jut,

I have a feeling that when you put down or count out the sunroof on the Mazda 3, the difference will be way more pronounced than what you see in those pictures.

This is probably why the windshield tint looks lighter than the window tint based on the picture kahit naka OEM20 yung dalawa.
    Vignetting lang yan nung lens ng camera bro. Naka-f4 kasi yung aperture ng lens ko and 24mm focal length. Yung moonroof wala naman effect sa outward visibility, it only makes the interior much brighter.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Nice pics jut, just a little weird that the OEM 20 seems to make the Toyota badge look like a Mazda...

Hehe. On a serious note, I have the OEM 20's all around except for the windshield and I hate it at night, specially when road lighting is poor. YMMV though.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Nice pics jut, just a little weird that the OEM 20 seems to make the Toyota badge look like a Mazda...

Hehe. On a serious note, I have the OEM 20's all around except for the windshield and I hate it at night, specially when road lighting is poor. YMMV though.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Sa lahat ng mga brand ng tint mga boss. Ano yung tint na pinaka itim sa labas then pinaka maliwanag sa loob.. kahit hindi ganun ka ganda ang heat rejection niya.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dishcom View Post
    Sa lahat ng mga brand ng tint mga boss. Ano yung tint na pinaka itim sa labas then pinaka maliwanag sa loob.. kahit hindi ganun ka ganda ang heat rejection niya.
    Short answer - WALA.

1. Madilim sa labas, madilim din sa loob - Vkool OEM or X-series

2. Reflective sa labas (di masyado kita ang loob), good visibility from inside - Vkool K-series

3. Maliwanag sa loob, kita mula sa labas - VK-series

10. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Pinaka itim sa labas is any tint na below 10% VLT. Example, V-Kool OEM 05, 3M FX-ST 05, etc. Pero madilim sila sa loob. Like what Jut said, WALA.. As in WALA tint na maitim sa labas pero maliwanag sa loob.

Kung gusto ng maliwanag, install clear tint or light tint. Kung gusto ng medyo madilim, medium tint. Kung gusto ng pinaka-itim, dark tint. Wag po maghanap ng WALA.

Anyone here have 'V Kool' tint?