New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    malaki ba mag-offer ng discount ang Viking Cars? just got me thinking since they most likely don't sell a lot of Volvos..

2. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    if they have a promo, they offer substantial discounts. i remember they were offering less 500k on the s80 last year from a list of 3.25mio. which is not bad considering that the s80 is just one or 2 years into its model cycle. the xc 70 or 90 was also being offered at a similar discount but those are fairly old models.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    That's not bad at all. AWD and 300bhp for 3.1m. if i were in the market for a 3m car, I would seriously consider taking the t6 over a 320d or c200, to hell with resale value and snob appeal!

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    yup i agree, its a good value for money proposition (with the discount). its not as flashy as the 320i or c200 but not too pedestrian either... give it 1 or 2 years and the s60 will also be offered with a substantial discount.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by br733 View Post
    i remember they were offering less 500k on the s80 last year from a list of 3.25mio. which is not bad considering that the s80 is just one or 2 years into its model cycle.
    The S80 is already 4 years into its model cycle, what they are selling now is already the updated model.

2006 S80

2010 S80 (mild facelift)

6. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Next year, we might get the cheaper variant of the naughty Volvo S60

Scoop: http://www.topgear.com.ph/news/phili...0-set-for-2011

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I was able to test drive the Volvo S60 AWD T6 and I can't believe I like it better than the Subaru Impreza WRX STi and the Lancer EX Ralliart I was able to test drive on the same day.

The acceleration is strongly addicting yet still having that "refined" feel.

The handling is sharp yet comfortable.

The interior is ... is ... very Volvo-ish. ... but in a very good way, mind you.

The exterior hints at a sporty look but still retaining an executive appeal.

This is definitely not your dad's old Volvo.

As much I like to discriminate against the "Volvo" brand as being a box on wheels, this car is a far cry from how I used to think of Volvo cars. And with a market price (P3.6M) well below the BMW 5-series sedans, this might be a car to consider if you are looking for your next euro executive sports sedan that can actually delivery sporty driving performance when you want it.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I was able to test drive the Volvo S60 AWD T6 and I can't believe I like it better than the Subaru Impreza WRX STi and the Lancer EX Ralliart I was able to test drive on the same day.

The acceleration is strongly addicting yet still having that "refined" feel.

The handling is sharp yet comfortable.

The interior is ... is ... very Volvo-ish. ... but in a very good way, mind you.

The exterior hints at a sporty look but still retaining an executive appeal.

This is definitely not your dad's old Volvo.

As much I like to discriminate against the "Volvo" brand as being a box on wheels, this car is a far cry from how I used to think of Volvo cars. And with a market price (P3.6M) well below the BMW 5-series sedans, this might be a car to consider if you are looking for your next euro executive sports sedan that can actually delivery sporty driving performance when you want it.
    good info sir, the pics of phdm volvo would be much appreciated though...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by saipeme View Post
    From the recent PIMS...

It looks pretty much the same as the ones sold in other countries.
    Last edited by AG4; November 24th, 2010 at 04:44 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by saipeme View Post
    unfortunately I was too busy driving to remember to take pictures of the car.

Maybe this picture (from Volvo Phil website) would give you a "hint"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Volvo S60 2011