New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    This is how the new Volvo S60 would look like, in case na alam mo na noon,

Impressed? I hope Viking Cars would bring the all-new S60 someday...

2. Join Date
    May 2008
    according to topgear, it will be released in the third quater this year

nice interior

oh, it is also equiped with autobraking system when pedestrian is noticed by the car

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by miaerr View Post
    according to topgear, it will be released in the third quater this year

nice interior

oh, it is also equiped with autobraking system when pedestrian is noticed by the car
    Does it include City Safety?

4. Join Date
    May 2008
    got this from an online newsletter from topgear

VOLVO REVEALS CAR WITH PEDESTRIAN DETECTION AND FULL AUTO-BRAKE SYSTEM

The new Volvo S60, equipped with the Scandinavian carmaker's pedestrian detection technology with full automatic brake system, is set to have its Philippine debut in the third quarter of 2010.

This was revealed by Viking Cars media relations officer Loi Concepcion-de Guzman after Volvo announced the S60's world premiere schedule at the Geneva International Motor Show in March. Viking Cars is the exclusive distributor of Volvo vehicles in the Philippines.

Volvo's latest safety breakthrough automatically applies full brakes on the S60 when it detects a pedestrian in front of the vehicle and when the driver does not respond to the detected object in time.

"We are truly proud of our success in making our technology so reliable that we can offer a complete system that can avoid a collision with a pedestrian by detecting, alerting and applying full braking," said Thomas Broberg, Volvo Cars senior safety advisor. "With this technology we have increased the braking force in our automatic braking system from 50 percent to full stopping power."

According to Volvo, the system can avoid striking a pedestrian at speeds of up to 35 kilometers per hour. At higher speeds, the system focuses on slowing down the car as much as possible prior to impact. Volvo hopes to reduce fatality risks to as much as 85 percent.

This is the second self-stopping car Volvo is bringing in to the Philippines after it introduced the new XC60 in May 2009. The XC60 is equipped with Volvo's City Safety technology that detects possible vehicular collisions and also applies automatic brakes to prevent low-speed crashes.

5. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by leopaul View Post
    Does it include City Safety?
    i think it is

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    I am loving Volvo's new designs. It's got something for pedestrian monitoring doesnt it? Oh that'd be fun to try out. But those tail lights remind of something. Not quite sure. Audi? Maserati 'boomerang' lights? Not quite sure, but I like them nonetheless.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Bad news! Parang may kalokohan sa bagong Volvo S60!
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNi17YLnZpg&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Insane Volvo brake test epic fail[/ame]

8. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    available na locally.saw it sa ads sa newspaper today. no idea how much. i'm sure it's over 2M

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by silver_mags2 View Post
    available na locally.saw it sa ads sa newspaper today. no idea how much. i'm sure it's over 2M
    It was launched at the 3rd PIMS 2 months ago.
    The 203PS 2.0 Turbo is priced at P2.895M, the 304PS AWD T6 is priced at P3.595M.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Overpriced.

Dapat P2.4M lang yung 2.0T

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Volvo S60 2011