New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I am selling my Honda Civic and plan to go to a Euro cars. I am thinking of getting a MB C220/230 but I need your opinion, C280 would be nice but V6 na ito and nde economical sa gas. I have a family so sedan preferred ko. V70 wagon is nice too pero in due time baka parang pang oldies na.

I appreciate your input guys.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    here is my take on the ff cars you have mentioned, pls consider na iba ang conditions dito sa pinas kaysa sa canada:

c220 : high resale, un merc like road noise,expensive service but easier to find service outside the casa, cramped interior

s70: test drove this one, mabigat ang kaha..it does everything an 850 would, so save some money and opt for the 850 which is half the price (in phils.) unless you really want curvier interior.. btw the turbo ver has stiffer ride.. low resale our 850 a/t gets 10km/l

audi a4: firm ride but not uncomfortable merc and volvo has more cushioned ride, ok naman, only one service center in phils., some parts hard to find you need to import. only few have it. medyo malakas sa gas for a 1.8l ..my bro's a4 gets 6km/l a/t while my other bro's TT m/t gets 10km/l

hmm if you ask me id go for the merc..

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    *hero

Thanks sa reply. I was looking on 300E na 1992 model before although maganda and roomy malakas naman sa gas. yung C220 ba may base model pa ba ito? Coz I've seen one na walang wood panel sa dashboard.
    What to look for in buying these cars ano ba frequent na masira lalo na sa C220?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i'd go for the benz as well. the turbo audis of that generation have horrible reliability records...although the 1.8T has the most modification potential on that list.

the audi is the most beautiful of the 3 cars both inside and outside, however.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i'd go for the audi. one of the most underrated cars in its class (well at least here in the PI)

dapat nasa car buzz forums to ah :D

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd pick the Audi based on looks.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i'd go for the audi.

if you are enthusiast - there's a lot that can be that with that engine!

plus, it still looks "fresh" as compared to other vehicles that you mentioned. the volvos just looks plain and boxy. the merc (IMO) is more suited for the oldies (although a set of brabus mags might convince me otherwise).

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    merc... C280 kung pepwede.. as for the 124 MB... E300 would be nice.. now if you can find an E300 Turbo Diesel.. much better

kung mukhang oldies.. slap a set of AMG, BRABUS mags.. solved na rin...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    btw, just to add to my post above, if you really care about performance, then get the audi first, volvo second, and benz third.

the w202 c220 is extremely sluggish off the line, and is very underpowered for that car. my sister wanted to buy one some time ago but the test drive left us extremely disappointed. she ended up getting a vr6 jetta instead (which ironically is much the same car as the a4)

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Mukhang mga Audi fans ata yung mga nag-reply ha. May point din kayo although medyo nakakalito lang pumili talaga ng kotse. well I'm referring to this Audi http://www.car-pictures-photos-pics....0A4%20Sedan%20(1994-2000)%2016.htm 1996-97 model yung nakita ko.

Nagtitinginn tingin pa din ako ng mga good deals around and your input will help me decide on which to get.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Which car to get? '96 MB C220, '98 Volvo S70/V70, '97 Audi 1.8T/2.8