New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2009
    Guys. My car will be swapped with a 98 Volvo S40. How's the performance? May oveheating problem ba? Gas Consumption? Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    maraming klase S40 lumabas may 2 litre at 1.9 litre turbo known as the S40 t-4 meron pa atang 1.8. kung yung 2 llitre version yan i think hindi sya mag kakalayo ng performance to a galant super saloon of the same vintage as the s40 is a twin of the mitsubishi carisma sold in europe. HTH

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Check also the availability of parts and prices.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Volvos are quite hard to maintain. And their parts are pricey too.

If you're using that Volvo as your 2nd hand vehicle then you wouldn't have a problem if ever that breaks down. But if that Volvo is going to be your one and only car, think again.

Some repairs takes weeks or even months before it could be finished. Why ? The parts are lacking. They are hard to find.

I would rather get a BMW than a Volvo. I wouldn't be wanting staring at my Volvo in my garage just because the parts aren't available yet.

Just see the thread " Are Volvo cars any good ? "

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Volvos are quite hard to maintain. And their parts are pricey too.

If you're using that Volvo as your 2nd hand vehicle then you wouldn't have a problem if ever that breaks down. But if that Volvo is going to be your one and only car, think again.

Some repairs takes weeks or even months before it could be finished. Why ? The parts are lacking. They are hard to find.

I would rather get a BMW than a Volvo. I wouldn't be wanting staring at my Volvo in my garage just because the parts aren't available yet.

Just see the thread " Are Volvo cars any good ? "
    I will sell it naman din after makuha ko. Maybe 2- 3 months. benta ko na din. It will be swapped sa Cefiro ko. Wala naman kaya overheating problem ito?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Cefiro ? What model ? 2003 ? If it is 2003, then ... for me at least, retain it until you find a better vehicle that you could keep for a couple of years more.

Anyways. I really don't know if it has overheating problems. BTW. Is it a straight swap ?

If you really want it ..... then, go for it. Maybe 2 - 3 months of your ownership wouldn't give you problems, yet.

7. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Cefiro ? What model ? 2003 ? If it is 2003, then ... for me at least, retain it until you find a better vehicle that you could keep for a couple of years more.

Anyways. I really don't know if it has overheating problems. BTW. Is it a straight swap ?

If you really want it ..... then, go for it. Maybe 2 - 3 months of your ownership wouldn't give you problems, yet.

1999 Cefiro Elite. Yes. Straight swap. He wants it ASAP nga eh.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Ah. Kayo naman po bahala e'. ;)

Reminder lang, be careful sa mga flooded units. Baka kaya siya nagmamadali because may repairs na kailangan gawin sa Volvo na sobrang mahal. I might be wrong though, pero mabuti na rin yung nagiingat.

9. Join Date
    May 2009
    Ano ung mga first thing to check pag may mag trade ng volvo? What does Service mean? Change oil ba un? Nung tsinek namin lumabas tapos nawala.

10. Join Date
    May 2009
    Hope to hear to some volvo s40 owners.