New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Volkswagen has decided to show off its latest creation, the Tiguan, far ahead of its spring 2008 launch date. That's okay by us, since we've been looking forward to seeing it since we learned that there would be a production model based on the Concept A coupe/crossover a few years ago.

Volkswagen did not stray far from the formula first seen on the Concept A and then later refined on the Tiguan Clean Diesel Concept - the production Tiguan has turned out to be a good looking crossover. With its aggressive stance and chiseled body panels, the little Vee Dub shouldn't have too much trouble standing out when parked next to the somewhat frumpy small-SUV offerings from Honda and Hyundai. The public will first see the Tiguan when it shows up at the Frankfurt Auto Show this fall.

A wide array of engine choices will be available for the worldwide market. Two 2.0-liter TDI diesel engines will be available, producing either 140 or 170 hp. Gasoline engine lovers can choose between two turbocharged 2.0-liters (making 150 or 200 hp) or the 170-hp 1.4-liter turbo- and supercharged four from the Golf GT.

The North American market will initially receive only the top gasoline offering - the GTI's 200-hp engine - but we expect to see the 140-hp turbo-diesel available as an option shortly after launch.

i like it! i like it a lot!
    Last edited by wren; November 20th, 2007 at 02:25 AM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i loved the concepts and i loved the pics of the production model when they came out. for some reason i didn't notice it at the SOFL autoshow this weekend...

depending on the pricing, i would definitely take this over a CRV or RAV4. i know that VW gets a bad rap vs Japanese models sometimes over reliability, but they sure do know how to make a compelling auto :2thumbsup:

ps - younger brother ni egg_white?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    there's something about its simple lines and design that makes it oh so elegant and easy on the eyes. if it's priced competitively, i may consider getting one. but what's up with the funky name, again.

i just looked it up, tiguan is a combo between "tiger" and "iguana".

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    puro kalokohan mga names nila eh....Touareg, Phaeton, Tiguan

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    looks nice (and the engine too). Unfortunately, VW is too expensive here in the Phils

But If the 170hp TDI 4x4 is just 1.5M, I'd get one in a heartbeat.

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Ganda naman nyan! Is this Tiguan smaller than the Taureg?

Ganda ganda kaya lang pag dumating dito sa Pinas yan baka mahal nanaman yan! I bet di yan bababa ng 2M!

Mahirap lang kase mag maintain ng VW dito. I have a 2000 model of VW New Beetle at naku napaka mahal ng maintenance kaya lang meron kaseng sentimental value sa akin kaya ang hirap let go!

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by wren View Post
    ...i just looked it up, tiguan is a combo between "tiger" and "iguana".
    One of the most baffling matches in the history of nature just imagine a tiger with an iguana's skin :hysterical:

In Visayan, tiguan means matanda na hehe.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    LR, mas maliit ang Tiguan sa Touareg.

so, if Tiguan = Tiger + Iguana, then Touareg = .....a touring egg? :bwahaha:

(btw i know that it is actually a nomadic Saharan tribe)

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by empy View Post
    LR, mas maliit ang Tiguan sa Touareg.

so, if Tiguan = Tiger + Iguana, then Touareg = .....a touring egg? :bwahaha:

(btw i know that it is actually a nomadic Saharan tribe)
    Ngek! (hehehehe) Pero parang yung Volvo diba naglabas din sila ng parang ganitong design?

Volkswagen Tiguan