4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    wow ganda congrats on your new rig

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by hagiber
    I wonder if this is true....

Mechanic’s Tale: VW, Heal Thyself
    Volkswagen needs to be the people's car, not the mechanic's friend.
    by Douglas Flint
    sir, i've heard these tales of horror as well, both from the internet and from people i know. i do have 4 years of warranty to find out what the quality of my car is, so it's not a huge risk...we used to have a 99 Jetta which my brother-in-law drives now and it's been reliable from day 1. hit or miss siguro to.

as for the complexity, it's very true! my owner's manual fills up the glovebox all by itself...nahihilo na nga ako sa kakabasa eh. although it is fun finding all the little 'easter eggs' in the car

Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    Dito mo padala sa Orient Sq. Bldg Emerald Ave Pasig.

Wag mo na bother linisin beforehand, ako na bahala.
    uy, ma-save nga itong post na 'to...free detailing, hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by Tacoma_34
    nice ride, V8, goodluck in the pump.
    hehe, no kidding. i need 8 khaos superturbochargers, one for each cylinder

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nice.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bossing ganda ganda ng car

Sir, paki comment naman kung natest drive nyo ung Volvo na V8, Bimmer X5 na V8, at 2006 MB M na V6 or V8. compared sa mga ito ano po ang mas nagustuhan nyo sa VW at eto napili nyo.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Rediesel
    Sir, paki comment naman kung natest drive nyo ung Volvo na V8, Bimmer X5 na V8, at 2006 MB M na V6 or V8. compared sa mga ito ano po ang mas nagustuhan nyo sa VW at eto napili nyo.
    sure, no problem.

i didn't drive the volvo xc90. sat in a T6 model, which is the same as the V8 except for the engine of course, and dual exhaust i think. i'm not a big fan of volvo styling but a lot of people seem to like it just fine. their interiors are more sparse and less opulent than the other three cars (touareg, x5 and ml), and the seats are not very supportive imo. the big advantage of the volvo is the third-row seats, but even then parang pilit yung seats in a fairly small suv. yun tuloy, both 2nd and 3rd rows are very cramped. no driving impressions, sorry.

X5 - probably the best of the four for me if price was no object. styling is subjective, obviously, pero ang gwapo pa rin ng bimmer even after 5 years. bimmer interiors are traditionally luxurious without being over-the-top, but the X5 4.4 is an exception. they must use a tree for every car sa dami ng wood. ergonomics is typically excellent and very familiar for anyone who's owned a bimmer in the last 20 years. one problem i have had with bimmers is that their leather wears out fast, and i expect the same problem here. cargo space is pretty limited. power is probably the best of the three, but not by much, and handling is the best by far, which is no surprise. why did i not buy it over the touareg? two reasons - it's about $10k more, and it's going to get replaced soon.

ML500 - this SUV is a little dated. not a lot of power, doesn't handle very well compared to the bimmer and vw, and the ride quality is harsher. the interior is pretty nice, but i honestly expect more from mercedes. it does have good cargo capacity, but i honestly would wait till 2006 to see what the new M-class looks like and see how mercedes plans to once again set the standard for luxury suv's. the other thing i disliked was how expensive the options are for a mercedes. keep checking boxes and you can easily add 25% to the car's price. again, this design is 8 years old so i can't be too down on it.

why the VW?
    price (not paying for a badge)
    interior
    features
    the wife said so

9. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    bat walang plastic cover yung interior? palagyan mo M54 baka maluma agad :bwahaha: madumihin yang beige kulay ang loob pero ganda nga yan lalo na yung interior... sarap sa long drive yan bosing from Fl to Ca.... kungrats

10. Join Date
    May 2004
    amp...kala ko Fortuner kukunin mo...

congrats, bosing! kelangan i-break in papuntang socal yan.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
i finally joined the ranks of SUV ownership...[new VW Touareg owner]