New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    VW Golf GTi commercial featuring an updated Gene Kelley. I dont think this was broadcasted locally.

http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-vide...27/golfgti.mov
    Last edited by OTO; April 3rd, 2005 at 05:07 PM.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    I do not like the GOLF MK5. I still prefer MK4 and 3.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    They just rrecently released it here in the US. I went to the nearest dealer and checked it out. $25,800 tag price.

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    i've owned a golf MK2, supertibay ng kaha at di kalawanging. nagskid minsan sa snow at sumadsad yong fender sa bakal na poste, di man lang yumupi. why its one of the best hatch in UK; image, build quality and high resale value.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    ^^ Hubby and I have:
    05 MK4 GTI and 05 MK4 Golf .

We both love them. They are fun to drive.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Wow... medyo mahal ang 25k! All of its sports compact competition cost under or around 20k, diba?

Too bad VW suffers from premium pricing (like all Euros do) in the US, but they don't have the draw that other Euros do. Medyo mali kasi ang direction nila, they were trying to go way upmarket with the new Passat and Phaeton, when they should have been concentrating on the Jetta and the Golf, which are arguably their best and signature products.

The Golf is definitely a nice car. VW still does good interiors. Still not my cup of tea. but nice nonetheless.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    syet! another pocket rocket pero sa honda parin ako hehehe.
    the GTI was the original pocket rocket, honda just made it better.

C&D (latest issue) had a comparo between the GTI and the civic, and the GTI came out on top. it's good to see the GTI getting recognition again.

here's a version of the GTI that i don't mind driving...the HPA Motorsports R32 GTI! this thing is quicker than an Enzo and tops out * 200+mph.

http://www.streetracersonline.com/articles/hpar32/

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    not just the original hot pocket rocket but VW invented the HOT HATCH.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    I liked the GTi a lot... until the Ford Focus ST came. It has 220HP... which is 20 more than the Golf.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    If im not mistaken sa top gear, naglaban yung tatlong hotches sa europe, uhmm
    the renault megane, vauxhall astra and the golf gti. And the vauxhall one, anyone seen it?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
2005 Volkswagen Golf Gti