New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Basically my question is regrading about my 1.8 L sohc 4G92 engine . Is it possible to make 200 WHP w/o force induction ?? NA power lang ni siya on a 99 mirage coupe .

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yes, but not worth it at all. might as well trade it in for an evo, spend about the same money, and get a newer car, awd, all the suspension mods etc. that come with a stock evo

3. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    unless you work for a engine "tricking-out" company and you are doing it for advertising and to prove a point (that your expertise can make 200rwhp out an engine that probably does 115 rwhp) then it doesn't seem worth it.

either engine swap or as mentioned, get an older evo 4, 5 , or 6 na lang.

andy

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    SO answer is capable but not worth the try because of the time and money to be shelled out w/c is by the way , get a swap or another car right ?

Next stage would be turbocharging it , is it worth the try ? I dont have plans of getting rid of the Mirage for the simple fact that I spent already money more than the blue book value of the car on the cosmetics department .

The car has the SHOW but no GO ..... hehehe , I have talked to several mirage fanatics in the US and majority is getting a 4G63 swap or NOS . I might be on the " sohc pride " area of proving something so worth the try ni siya or might as well get the swap with a stock turbo ??

Lastly .... I am not a speed freak .... just a little kick to back up what was claimed on the outside lang mga bai . So if the turbo is stock .. unless it is working then it stays stock .

5. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    kung konting kick lang habo mo, just turbocharge it or supercharge it with low boost, mga 5 to 6 psi lang. ayos na yan.

engine swap is also expensive, especially in the USA where labor costs are expensive.

turbo or supercharger na lang. there is a complete turbo kit na binebenta sa mymitsuph, if you are earning in dollars, basig barato lang ang iyang baligya

andy

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Actually nag inquire nako sa ERL motowerx bai sa QC ni siya based though ngutana lang ko sa uvban tao about the quality of their merchandise and ok man daw . Mao lang na ako target around 200 WHP , that is a little kick for ..... keeping up with the RSX and the ITR .

Tnx for the replies and will check out mymitsuph pod .

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    pahabol

unless you do up a turbo/change engine its hard to get 200Hp from your 1.8

for engine conversion still staying with NA you can try install a CA12. question is can it fit okay.

http://www.ftowa.com/html/workshop/workshopart06.html

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    to all bisaya/ cebuano speaking, please join our thread: new home for the bisdak!!!

salamat puhon sa inyonhg pagtambong kanamo!!

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    selling hohda s200 0 ,2004 model

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Engine Set-up