New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Oh, can't take out Pitstop, the fantasy basketball guys need a place to trash talk...

Seriously, though... There are quite a few things that even us oldies can't get in Tsikot from the site owners, but the bigger picture is that we like (most) of the folks and topics here so we post...

Whether this site is moderated or not, why should it matter?

Personally, there are sections in this site that I never cared for simply because it doesn't interest me, things like the diesel forum, the OFW section among others... If it doesn't suit your needs, just skip it... That's why we have segmented areas in this board...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by froshie1 View Post

By always repeating that "judgement call" thinggy again. You're implying that this forum is not a healthy forum at all coz at first the TS technically didn't violate anything, he didn't do anything that can cause harm to other people, and last one is he posted it in the proper forum.
    That's exactly the point... the TS is the problem, he's a proven troll registering in different aliases.

If you can give other examples not generated by a well-knowned T-cash troll, we can give you a better sense of why this judgment call thing can be questioned, but with this TS, there's no judgment call as he's a troll to begin with.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    yes the threadstarter was already marked as a tcash whoring repeat offender and a troll, so i don't see anything wrong by closing his thread.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    pinakamaganda gawa nalang sariling forum ang ayaw sa rules ng tsikot :rofl:

me? marami rin akong question sa mga rules BUT i do not go around complaining and trying to influence the MODS of what I think is right. It's not easy trying to moderate this crowded forum, tapos wala pa kapalit.

thats just me, so i don't care if anybody agrees or not :bwahaha:

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I was in the impression that locking threads made by some moderators were done in a subjective and not in an objective manner. Again, I stated also in my previous posts that if the TS has flooded the same message in several forums then by all means ban the threadstarter.

pinakamaganda gawa nalang sariling forum ang ayaw sa rules ng tsikot

me? marami rin akong question sa mga rules BUT i do not go around complaining and trying to influence the MODS of what I think is right. It's not easy trying to moderate this crowded forum, tapos wala pa kapalit.
    Yeah no problem with that, that is you. The thing here is there is a forum here called feedback I'm simply just speaking what's in my mind.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the TS has been banned countless of times but finds a way to create a new account...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    pwede ba umapela? medyo OT lang ng konti Mr. Moderator, baka naman pwede pa-re-open yung thread ko na "Does God play favorites?" Reason is everytime my wife gets depressed, she always bug me with this "philosophical" question and i can't seem to snatch a decent answer from nowhere to satisfy her inquest.

gusto ko lang pulsohan ang mga katoto natin dito sa ating pulongan with regards to this question, baka may mapulot akong "sensible" at "satisfying" na sagot

i don't see the thread as flame baiting (of course i'm biased ), gusto ko lang malaman ang mga hinaing ng bawat tsikoteer on why life could be so shitty to most while rosy to some. and also i have been receiving a few private messages (kase nga na-lock na ang thread) from some fellow tsikoteers wanting to air their take about the matter, the question, that is.

but if history repeats itself and this thread becomes rowdy beyond control, then lock the crap i just hope na magkaroon ng makabuluhang balitaktakan ang thread na to. pero seeing some pilosopo tasyo's here, baka malabo nga mangyari hehehe. humihirit lang sir moderator, baka sakaling makalusot TIA

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by xoom View Post
    pwede ba umapela? medyo OT lang ng konti Mr. Moderator, baka naman pwede pa-re-open yung thread ko na "Does God play favorites?" Reason is everytime my wife gets depressed, she always bug me with this "philosophical" question and i can't seem to snatch a decent answer from nowhere to satisfy her inquest.

gusto ko lang pulsohan ang mga katoto natin dito sa ating pulongan with regards to this question, baka may mapulot akong "sensible" at "satisfying" na sagot

i don't see the thread as flame baiting (of course i'm biased ), gusto ko lang malaman ang mga hinaing ng bawat tsikoteer on why life could be so shitty to most while rosy to some. and also i have been receiving a few private messages (kase nga na-lock na ang thread) from some fellow tsikoteers wanting to air their take about the matter, the question, that is.

but if history repeats itself and this thread becomes rowdy beyond control, then lock the crap i just hope na magkaroon ng makabuluhang balitaktakan ang thread na to. pero seeing some pilosopo tasyo's here, baka malabo nga mangyari hehehe. humihirit lang sir moderator, baka sakaling makalusot TIA
    Never in the history of Tsikot na nagkaroon ng "makabuluhang balitaktakan" ang isang thread with the topic about God or religion. So most, if not all, of the time, these threads are closed.

>froshie1, you've been in Tsikot for a long time already, and alam mo na rin siguro karamihan ng mga nangyayari dito, especially yung mga recent ones when the TCash thing was introduced. I hope you'll understand why threads deemed as 'non-sense' by the moderators get closed. Especially threads created by some 'pasaway' members of Tsikot.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Never in the history of Tsikot na nagkaroon ng "makabuluhang balitaktakan" ang isang thread with the topic about God or religion. So most, if not all, of the time, these threads are closed.

>froshie1, you've been in Tsikot for a long time already, and alam mo na rin siguro karamihan ng mga nangyayari dito, especially yung mga recent ones when the TCash thing was introduced. I hope you'll understand why threads deemed as 'non-sense' by the moderators get closed. Especially threads created by some 'pasaway' members of Tsikot.
    dude no problem. as I had said I was in the impression that locking is being done in a subjective way. A moderator has said that the TS has been flooding his message all over again in other forums then yeah lock his thread or better ban the TS!

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Moderators do their best to be objective, but when it comes to these cases, it's always a judgement call.

While for some of us, the threadstarter's post may seem inane and relatively harmless, his repeated offenses and ability to stir up trouble have him permanently marked on some moderators' "lock" buttons. The thread itself is not at fault, but the mere existence of the thread poses a potential danger to the sanctity of the board. Personally, elsewhere, I have been lenient with him, but I'm beginning to find myself closing his threads on our own boards, no matter how mundane... as they only lead to flame wars.

Regarding your "God playing favorites" thread, xoom... there's some history of flaming, bitterness, personal fights and infractions and temporary bans being meted out here due to religious debates. Mr. de Lata himself has been an avid participant in such flaming topics, merely to stir up trouble... you can search for them if you like, but, as a warning, they just aren't pretty.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Sense vs Non-Sense in the Pitstop forum