New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Guys, may I know the standards when posting in the Pitstop forum on what has sense and no sense at all?

The Pitstop forum are for discussions that are non auto. Examples were also given like politics, weather, national issues, etc (examples were given but it didn't specify that those are the only things that should contain the aforementioned forum). My concern here is why lock other threads that still satisfy the rules that was set?

Example:

Anu po ang tinigin niyo ang karne sa mga de lata? http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46072 -> what's wrong with this thread? Did the threadstarter flooded other forums with the same subject? The thread starter is just asking everyone's opinion on the meat being used in canned goods.

I understand that if the person flooded other forums with the same subject then that is a clear offense of 1.) wasting space and bandwidth 2.) illegal way of accumulating T-Cash but it's not.

Baket hindi ni-lock ang thread na "can you explain this?" http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2995

Those 2 and a lot of the discussions posted in Pitstop are trivial in nature. Why not lock them all? What makes the other threads special?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Locking/closing threads is a judgement call made by mods and/or administrators based on what the "leaders" of this forum collectively see as "ok" or "not ok". More often than not, "leaders" of this forum discuss threads that are controversial/non-sense and vote to delete/close the thread and/or give warnings/disciplinary actions to the thread starter.

Closed threads can be re-opened by the owners of this forum, subject to their discretion. However, the "leaders" of this community have the support of the owners in terms of judgement calls for closing/deleting threads and providing disciplinary actions to members. Well, at least most of the time.

As for that meat thead, it was closed down because it was pure non-sense like a deleted thread that the starter had posted in past "anong tinapay ang pipiliin mo sa supermarket". Hindi lang yun, marami pa. Again, judgement call re: closing the thread. It can be re-opened though, if the owners of this community would allow it. As for the thread starter, he/she has started a lot of non-sense threads that sowed controversy here in our community. He has been given continous warnings and infractions for what he did. Next time, the disciplinary action might be stiffer. However, not all of his threads are non-sense and did get some good replies so those remained open.

As for the "can you explain this thread", if the thread was not okay then Theveed would have closed it down. Theveed is arguably the one of the strictest super mod/admin that we have here and I have been a recepient of his warnings in the past. Again, judgement call. However, of he or other mods see that the said thread is deteriorating, it would be closed down.

Bottom line is: maintaning threads i.e. what to do with those threads, is discretionary to/with the moderator assigned, super moderators and admins. This is stated in our community rules.
    Last edited by nicolodeon; January 8th, 2008 at 08:45 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolodeon View Post
    Locking/closing threads is a judgement call made by mods and/or administrators based on what the "leaders" of this forum collectively see as "ok" or "not ok". More often than not, "leaders" of this forum discuss threads that are controversial/non-sense and vote to delete/close the thread and/or give warnings/disciplinary actions to the thread starter.

Closed threads can be re-opened by the owners of this forum, subject to their discretion. However, the "leaders" of this community have the support of the owners in terms of judgement calls for closing/deleting threads and providing disciplinary actions to members. Well, at least most of the time.

As for that meat thead, it was closed down because it was pure non-sense like a deleted thread that the starter had posted in past "anong tinapay ang pipiliin mo sa supermarket". Hindi lang yun, marami pa. Again, judgement call re: closing the thread. It can be re-opened though, if the owners of this community would allow it. As for the thread starter, he/she has started a lot of non-sense threads that sowed controversy here in our community. He has been given continous warnings and infractions for what he did. Next time, the disciplinary action might be stiffer. However, not all of his threads are non-sense and did get some good replies so those remained open.

As for the "can you explain this thread", if the thread was not okay then Theveed would have closed it down. Theveed is arguably the one of the strictest super mod/admin that we have here and I have been a recepient of his warnings in the past. Again, judgement call. However, of he or other mods see that the said thread is deteriorating, it would be closed down.

Bottom line is: maintaning threads i.e. what to do with those threads, is discretionary to/with the moderator assigned, super moderators and admins. This is stated in our community rules.
    with all due respect boss nico, papaano masabing NON-SENSE ang isang thread?

Ms Homer, there is no standard when it comes to calling a thread Non-Sense or not, also it is a case to case basis. It is a judgement call as nicolodeon said.

We also encourage all new members to use the Search function because numerous threads that are being opened have been discussed before over and over before.

Also realize that this is a privately owned forum, there are maintenance issues involved here hence the need for moderators to police and look out the forum.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005

--> Judgement calls should be guided by a set of rules or a law especially when it comes to a very broad topic of "anything goes" in a forum. The issue that I'm pointing out is that; what's non-sense to you may not be non-sense to other people and vice-versa.

--> The sense or non-sense definition doesn't exist and cannot be used coz again where are the rules? Judgement call is just making an opinion. If your foundation is set only to opinions of the moderators then this won't be a healthy forum at all because it can be subject to abuse and "kung ano ang trip pagusapan ng moderator", well unless the owners of this site want to have an unhealthy forum then that won't be a problem anymore :-)

Might as well scrap The Pitstop forum if that's the case. Coz I can see a lot of non-sense topics in there.

Let me copy and paste the rules here and make a comment on each line:

By using these Forums, you will agree to the following:

I. On posting

1) You are expected to post in the proper forum category.

Each section of tsikot.com has a description which will be your basis on where to post your threads. If the thread you are posting does not belong to any particular category, you will post the said thread in the Pitstop Cafe forum.

--> the TS posted it in Pitstop [passed]

2) You are to post replies legibly.

SMS shorcuts and randomly alphabetized characters are strictly not allowed. The use of webcuts, however, are acceptable.

--> as far as I remember he didn't use any shortcuts [passed], well let's just say he didn't use any because that's not what we're debating about.

3) You are expected to use the search function before creating a new thread.

Clutter not only wastes bandwidth but also time. You will find a whole resource of materials and past knowledge on previously discussed topics, if you took some time to familiarize yourselves with the search engine.

--> I'm sure that his karneng ginamit sa delata thread is one of a kind. My apologies if he FLOODED 2 or more forums, if he did that then might as well ban him.

4) Thread titles should be meaningful and concise.

Again, your time is valuable, and so is mine. Thread titles should already give a hint on what the subject is about. We would all like to get into the meat of the discussion and not mess around with titles such as "Alam niyo ba....", "Saan ang...". Besides, not all people have the luxury of DSL and T1 connections.

--> I don't see any problem with his title. I mean his title alone did not violate any rules or it did not violate any person.

5) You will not post messages that are clearly outside of the stated topic.

If you feel that you're already discussing something else, by all means create a separate thread for that new topic. You are not to post repeated irrelevant messages or copies of identical messages.

--> He created a separate topic (I'm believing that his thread is one of a kind) and he posted it in the Pitstop forum.

II. On Behavior

1) You will respect the moderators and administrators of the forums at all times.

2) You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

3) You will not use profanity in our forums against anyone, nor post any language or content that is obscene or ***ually oriented.

4) You have the responsibility to ensure that all your posts contribute to the welfare and good of the community

5) You will respect other people's right to personal privacy. You will not post any other person's identifying information (including their contact information, and any other relevant information) within the forum but your own.

6) You will not use these forums to violate any laws nor to discuss illegal activities.

7) You will not to impersonate any person or entity or manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any posting, nor collect or store personal data about other users.

8) You will not post advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or solicitations, all of which are inappropriate and prohibited in the Forums.

9) You will, if asked by a representative of the Forums, cease posting any content, and/or links to content, deemed offensive, objectionable, or in poor taste by the staff of the Forums.

10) Multiple accounts will not be tolerated.

-->> when it comes to behaviour, i believe he didn't hurt anybody. He didn't cause any harm to somebody.

These rules will take effect immediately.

Violation of the above will be subject to appropriate action by the tsikot.com Administrator and Moderator Panel.

The tsikot.com management reserves the right to amend the above rules without prior notice.

Tsikot.com Administrators and Moderators

(with special thanks to Pajerokid)

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Some threads are fun, some threads are trivial, some are silly... Those are all fine in the Pitstop...

But threads created by a repeat offender using different aliases that has had a "history" with the boards will not be tolerated by the old timers.

I close a lot of threads in teh More Than Looks section because I have quite a deep recollection of what topics have been discussed under that forum intensively, if it has been covered in detail before, i see no reason why someone won't take the time searching for answers since it did take us quite some time to provide useful details beforehand.

As for Pitstop threads, I don't usually care unless racism, personal vendettas come along...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by froshie1 View Post
    Let me copy and paste the rules here and make a comment on each line:
    I think you missed out on the following parts:

9) You will, if asked by a representative of the Forums, cease posting any content, and/or links to content, deemed offensive, objectionable, or in poor taste by the staff of the Forums.

Violation of the above will be subject to appropriate action by the tsikot.com Administrator and Moderator Panel.

The tsikot.com management reserves the right to amend the above rules without prior notice.
    As said, it's up to the staff of forum to deem what's objectionable or not.

As said before, private forums (not necessarily just this one) are not a "full democracy" as many may perceive. It's a virtual dictatorship or oligarchy - "judgment calls" will definitely be a part of it.

Btw, my opinion & your opinion are "judgment calls" also - hehe:

Quote Originally Posted by froshie
    -->> when it comes to behaviour, i believe he didn't hurt anybody. He didn't cause any harm to somebody.
    The only problem is that only the moderators/administrators have the teeth to enforce their own judgment.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    I think you missed out on the following parts:

As said, it's up to the staff of forum to deem what's objectionable or not.

As said before, private forums (not necessarily just this one) are not a "full democracy" as many may perceive. It's a virtual dictatorship or oligarchy - "judgment calls" will definitely be a part of it.

Btw, my opinion & your opinion are "judgment calls" also - hehe:

The only problem is that only the moderators/administrators have the teeth to enforce their own judgment.
    Then might as well close down The Pitstop.

If we're always going to retain that "judgement call" reasoning and you guys want to have the pitstop around then I suggest we rewrite the rules here in something like this para mas maiksi.

1.) Don't post anything that can harm other people.
    2.) Last but not the least the moderator is "the absolute rule" here. If he doesn't like your post then it will be deleted.
    Last edited by froshie1; January 8th, 2008 at 07:28 PM.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Sana kasi maging objective sana ang pagiging judgement call ng moderators at hindi subjective. Porket ba hindi ko gusto iyong sinisimulan mong pagusapan eh idedelete ko iyong topic. Again, I understand if the TS flooded other forums then again if you want to ban him then do so.

Nyak eh paano pa iyong sinabi ni Tsikot and I quote:

c. Moderators are expected to be neutral and it's best for them to refrain from participating in certain topics, such as the ones dealing with religion, politics or any other high-controversial an contentious issues.
    Para sa akin masyadong nasobrahan ang sinasabing judgement call.

Wala akong pakialam sa tinapa, sa pandesal ni ganito ganire, ginawa ko lang example iyon, sometimes kasi iyong TS naghahanap lang yan ng pulso ng tao kung ano trip nya eh. Tignan ninyo post ko sa PEX sa Buhay Pilipino. Ang point ko lang, madaming mga threads din sa Pitstop na walang sense dapat pinatawan na ng kamay na bakal iyon.

By always repeating that "judgement call" thinggy again. You're implying that this forum is not a healthy forum at all coz at first the TS technically didn't violate anything, he didn't do anything that can cause harm to other people, and last one is he posted it in the proper forum.

If you want to keep things in order, scrap The Pitstop coz that will always be the weakness in what we call the system of this forum.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just wondering... if that's the case, (#2) will it stop you from posting in Tsikot altogether?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Sense vs Non-Sense in the Pitstop forum