New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Admins and Mods, pwede bang palitan ang limit ng word length sa SEARCH box? Kse, one of our members recently tried to look for a specific thread but this error shows up.

The search term you specified (top) is under the minimum word length (4) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer.
    Can we please make the minimum length to 2 instead of 4? Meron din naman kseng Four letter word and even a three letter word that makes sense. (i.e. TOP, ***, MEN, KID,) specially sa Pitstop Forum.

Thank you.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    :hi: karding,

there's a four-character minimum word length so the search function won't slow the board down too much. the smaller the number of character is, the larger the search index (and our database) is going to be, which can ultimately kill the server.

in the meantime, please use an asterisk right after at least a three-letter word search, or a word in between two asterisks. that will do the trick ;)

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hello tiarasky!

After two months with no reply on my original message, I was able to solve it myself. I also realized about the server issue that we are having so I decided not to bother anymore. But thanks for your reply

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    hey admin guys, meron ba posting limit before you can use the search function? whenever i try to access the search page it just says
    You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    parang nawala ng bisa yung archiving nature ng bulletin board pag hindi pwede i-search yung threads. mangyayari nyan instead of finding info on old threads, gagawa ng bagong threads ang mga newbies.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hi, roninblade.

the only limit set (aside from the minimum word length) is the 60-second floodcheck before the user can search again. kahit mga guests pwede naman mag-search so i don't see any reason why you should be seeing the above message, unless of course you're trying to get into the private forums which are only accessible to the admins and mods.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i just checked the search page in IE and it displayed ok. for some reason im getting that error message only when i use mozilla. can you guys look into it? i rarely use IE since im almost always on linux.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i havent tested tsikot using mozilla, pero sabi ng iba kapag naka full page ang tsikot ok naman ...

we are using vbulletin templates kaso na hindi yata optimized for mozilla , it is quite hard for us to modify and change it...

sorry po kung di pa namain kaya ayusin ito sa ngayon

Search Function