New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    when theveed closed the thread

Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    I'm closing this thread as both sides told their stories.

Until the ACTUAL complainant and defendant starts a thread about the SPECIFIC issues involved, speculations and hearsays will resolve nothing.
    We respected his point... now... para sa ganun eh may maresolve na issue... I will wait for mr sy to talk to me and ask him kung ano gusto nya mangyari... if he wants La cars to apologize sa misunderstanding nila or kung ano pa man... I think Lacars posted an apology na din sa thread na yun, then mr sy replied calling the attention of other people na may reklamo pa againsts lacars...

now kung meron pang complaints for lacars, pwede magopen ng thread ulit... walang problema duon... but that thread is about mr sy and lacars... its about the exchange of text messages between them... if there is another issue that we dont know... it will be for another thread.

now for other topics like

- certain Toyota casas
    - Jell Transport
    - Miller West Ave.
    - Poorboy's Baguio
    - Prowheels Pasig
    - Cebu Pacific
    - etc.

if any representatives from that company attempted to send their statements or settle the issue.. then we will give them a chance to settle it.. if not , wala tayong magagawa but to leave those thread open.

our judgement might be against other members, but if we believe that its the best for the community.. we will do it and make stand for it.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Actually the thread’s closure (albeit temporary per jedi) is to the disadvantage of LA Cars insomuch as they are the service provider. Any unresolved doubts, and certainly there are in this case, will invariable affect their sales. After all, LA Cars saw it fit to promote their services via forum posts, acknowledging the fact that Tsikot members are more than likely to be their potential clients. Otherwise they wouldn’t have wasted their time.

As a potential client, of course, I would like to see how this issue is eventually resolved. Of course, no one in his right mind would patronize a shop when there is a potential for him to be physically or verbally abused.

However unlike other cases such as Starbright’s, where physical evidence was presented, this case is trickier to be resolved in the sense that it could easily be a he said, she said matter. (Of course, here is it he said, he said.) Moreover, no sales transaction was completed. Thus whatever damage that may have occurred, perceived or otherwise, is easily contested.

That said, if both parties approach the issue with a positive mindset towards an amicable resolution, I don’t see any reason why it can’t be done. Actually, I am hoping it would be this way.
    Last edited by architect; December 29th, 2007 at 06:43 PM.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    my apology but i couldn't help it. reading this arouse my curiosity and looked for the said closed thread. i think you're right in closing it because i my self get annoyed to dplomat and lacars and really tempted to post reply against the two or one? fortunately it's closed.

btw what happened to the broken windshield anyone knows?

peace to all men!

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    i wish it it was'nt closed.. issues like those shoul perenially haunt these establishments... they have reaped the benefits of posting in the forums, they get known customers visit em even if they are OFFLINE. now they should also be responsible with the bad publicity they are getting even if they claim they are out of the country.

The only persons who would be informed of such bad publicities are the one's who were online at the time... me feel that closing/changing the threads tittle is for the benefit of the said shop.. LA cars.

Now i have no beef with that shop, nor have visited or bought anything from em.... these are purely observations on what i happen to come across in this forum and my own opinions.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sir, yung nagcomplain po ang wala sa pinas during that time, nakausap ko na din si mr ray sy, im just waiting for his final statement.

Quote Originally Posted by v22 View Post
    i wish it it was'nt closed.. issues like those shoul perenially haunt these establishments... they have reaped the benefits of posting in the forums, they get known customers visit em even if they are OFFLINE. now they should also be responsible with the bad publicity they are getting even if they claim they are out of the country.

The only persons who would be informed of such bad publicities are the one's who were online at the time... me feel that closing/changing the threads tittle is for the benefit of the said shop.. LA cars.

Now i have no beef with that shop, nor have visited or bought anything from em.... these are purely observations on what i happen to come across in this forum and my own opinions.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by v22 View Post
    I don't quite understand how closing the thread (temporarily) without the issue being resolved would be advantageous to the shop.

I, for one, as a potential client, have made a decision not to patronize them until the issue has been resolved. In the meantime, if I happen to come across one of their competitors and am satisfied with what I see and feel, chances are I would end up being a client there. That, obviously would be, LA Cars' loss.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by architect View Post
    I don't quite understand how closing the thread (temporarily) without the issue being resolved would be advantageous to the shop.

I, for one, as a potential client, have made a decision not to patronize them until the issue has been resolved. In the meantime, if I happen to come across one of their competitors and am satisfied with what I see and feel, chances are I would end up being a client there. That, obviously would be, LA Cars' loss.

It's like this.. imagine the government is facing a serious scandal.. tabloids are having a fiasco dealing with the HOT issue.. then the issue SUDDENLY fizzles and be outstanded by other issue/topics e.g bombings etc... Just like that, peoples attention will forget about the brouhaha re the government.. saving certain individuals from the "hot seat".tain

i for one got informed on how LA Cars "would/might" treat some potential customers... because i was around when that thread was hot.. now its waay below now, bet some did'nt even notice it anymore.. i did'nt too at first.. since the thread tittle got changed... At least the government resort to some "schemes" to save face or bury certain issues... but the LA cars got away.. swiftly and silently without lifting an eye brow.. In my belief.. if the said shop was bright enough to post threads and introduce their services.. they should be responsible to settle accusations given to them... Something i have'nt seen yet.. just a certain DPLOMAT continuosly posting good feedback for LA cars.. which was clearly an act of deceit for potential customers.

Jedi;

sorry if i got the two parties mixed.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Hi v22,

Regardless of whether issues are resolved or not, they will eventually fade from the public's mind, their Warholian 15 minute of fame well used up, so to speak. It is simply the way things are. As to whether there will be lasting damage for not, it would be pretty much left to the mindset of the individual.

In the conventional structure of the forum, threads that are inactive or closed invariably get buried in the back pages. Thus if the LA Car issue were resolved immediately and reactions died down, the thread will soon enough get buried in the back pages, and the whole issue, relegated to the backs of our collective minds.

On the other hand, if the thread were to remain open, then for as long as there are new posts, it will always be bumped up with every new post - and stay in the limelight, so to speak. This gives both parties every opportunity to state their respective cases. In such case, LA Cars could do well to use the opportunity to contain the damage and defend its reputation. Unfortunately it has failed to do so, leaving open a lot of doubts in the minds of, I am sure, quite a few members. That's why I think the closure of the thread is not advantageous to LA Cars. Had they managed to resolve the issue amicably, the closure would have been advantageous since it will effectively kill the thread, contain the damage, and let time take care of the rest as the thread eventually slides into the back pages.

As things stand now, I am sure a lot of members have serious doubts about LA Cars, especially considering its prolonged silence on the issue. It is extremely easy for LA Cars to simply start a new thread and finally defend its case just as it is extremely easy for DPLOMAT to continuously post good feedback.

As to DPLOMAT's motive for continuously posting good feedback on LA Cars, I would say it is his/her every right to do so - just as it is our right, and the right of the rest of the tsikoteers to put those feedback in the context of the whole situation and judge for ourselves.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Got your point there architect, so it seems that the closure of the thread brought both positive and negative effects for the said shop.

Can't say much bout the DPLOMAT character though.. simply searching all the posts he did ever since he became a member here were all positive posts for LA cars... as for me, it's enough conclusion that the said shop uses deceiving tactics to lure customers and even try to defend their reputation for them... a tactic utterly disgusting for an establishment who claims to be a PRO..

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Exactly. Glad you got the point. LA Cars could have made it advantageous for them had they seized the opportunity to defend their position. That they did not made them look bad instead.

And DPLOMAT's continued positive feedback posts only worsen the situation for LA Cars, simply because members like you are smart enough to to do a straightforward search of all of DPLOMAT's posts and make a conclusion from all his/her posts.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Question re: Closed threads