New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I'm specifically referring to the LA Cars (Ingat kayo sa LA Cars) and Starbright (Binaboy kotse nya...) threads.

The former was closed, while the latter has remained open. But reading the contents, the posts in the Starbright thread are more...well...Rated R (for lack of a better term).

Both parties were also given the chance to air their respective positions, and both threads have not reached a conclusion. AFAIK, nobody has ever resorted to name-calling, and posters have also been admonished to refrain from doing such.

Methinks the LA Cars thread should be re-opened, inasmuch as LA Cars himself is an active poster, and has not yet presented his so-called evidence. Blue Rhino has dared him to do such, and his silence on the matter is puzzling. Honestly, I am curious as to how the incident will be resolved, considering that LA Cars has a "history" with regards to customer satisfaction (just check the other online car forums).

Maybe the mods/admins can enlighten us on the matter? If a thread is closed, who can re-open it?
    Last edited by Galactus; December 27th, 2007 at 12:33 PM.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I'm not familiar with the threads so I'll just answer your 2nd query: who can re-open threads? Threads can be re-opened by an Administrator or Super Moderator. However, theere has to be good and compeling reasons why the thread should be re-opened. These reasons have to be brought to the attion on of the other Admins and Super Mods for deliberation and subsequent decision. But, there might be times when re-opening threads would be judgement calls from the Senior Admins/Owners of Tsikot. In these cases, best judgements/assumptions are made by co-owners bearing in mind what wouild be good in general for the community.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Question din lang po sana. Kapag nasara ba ang isang thread, yung TS po ba ay mawawalan din ng TCash points? Kung ganun po, gaano kalaking points ang mawawala dun sa Thread Starter? Thanks po!

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Minsan lang kami mag-agree ni Galactus. Honga, why closed yung LACars thread?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    im still not at home,ill post an answer later

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I've been longing to ask the same question, but chose to read more because I'm utterly clueless why it was closed when clearly, a lot of complainants are bound to come up.

If the sides vs sides is the premise, then all complaint threads should be closed.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    i HEART L.A. Cars! lolz

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    there is a valid reason why we closed temporarily the LA cars complaint thread...

I've personally contacted lacars and rey sy, but rey is still out of the country... I will get their final statements and find a way on how to resolve the issue. Lahat naman madadaan sa mabuting usapan.

Regarding the Starbright thread, both parties are already talking to each other, kung medyo napapatagal man maresolve issue nila , maybe because di pa nagkakasundo.

now, before i post all the details and answer all the pending questions... i will still have to wait for rey sy.

We've done this before sa case ng autotechnika, we closed the thread temporarily and opened in again nung nagkaroon ng kasunduan ang both parties.

while sa starbright case, based on their post, may napagkasunduan na yung both parties pero di pa yata naibibigay lahat.

Tsikot wants to give proper judgement sa mga cases na ganito, we dont want trial by publicity... as much as we are always pushing to promote consumers rights, tsikot is also a venue for the defendant to air their side para patas.

there is a rumor going on that La Cars is an advertiser or sponsor of tsikot kaya naclose ang lacars complaint thread, i beg to disagree.. I even closed and deleted the thread of LA Cars na nagamit as their showroom at sa pagpromote ng shop nila... We dont allow self promotion in tsikot... madaming nag nagseselfpromote sa tsikot pero pag labis na, we will then have to delete it.

Now even if LAcars became a sponsor or advertiser of tsikot, yes we will promote them... but it doesnt mean that tsikot will act as their lawyers and defend them kung sakaling may magreklamo sa kanila... it will still be up to them kung pano nila ihahandle ang problem... Tsikot will always be in the middle.

Remember, tsikot members consists of consumers, shop owners, service providers, agents from car dealers, buyers, sellers etc... and as members,,, everyone is entitled to be given time to defend themselves kung sakaling may reklamo sa bawat isa.

sa mga cases na nagiging mainit ang discussion lalo na sa goonsquad... as much as possible, we want to see cases and issues being resolved... lalo na if both parties ay nagpakita ng interest to settle the issue within tsikot forums.

again... ill wait for rey sy to return.

WORLD PEACE

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    I've been longing to ask the same question, but chose to read more because I'm utterly clueless why it was closed when clearly, a lot of complainants are bound to come up.

If the sides vs sides is the premise, then all complaint threads should be closed.
    +1 on this.

There are tons of "complaints" thread here in the forums, like the following:

- certain Toyota casas
    - Jell Transport
    - Miller West Ave.
    - Poorboy's Baguio
    - Prowheels Pasig
    - Cebu Pacific
    - etc.

Should those threads be closed also while we wait for an official statement from those entities?

Now why was my last post as a reaction to Horsepower's post deleted?

:jawdrop:

10. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    May point nga si mazdamazda....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Question re: Closed threads