New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Read an article a week ago stating the restriction of provincial buses to pick up and drop off of commuters along EDSA. It is also said that provincial buses are only allowed to pick up and drop off passengers in designated terminals and those will violate the rule will be fined a certain amount.

As a motorist who travels along EDSA, I find this very helpful as this can lessen the congestion of the road. Hopefully, they enforce this rule to all major roads. Also, it would also be good if they will impose a law regarding drop off and pick up areas to limit traffic its causes.

Any thoughts on this?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    I guess it's alright (but they're doing it as a dry run for the "implementation of banning bus terminals along Edsa).

But (OT), it's not the provincial buses that causes the traffic on edsa, but the city buses and private vehicles that caused it. As far as the south buses are concerned, 2 of the unloading areas (northbound) are not along edsa mismo, namely, Robinsons Pioneer, and Ortigas (in front of Robinsons Galleria)

Sent from my ASUS_Z011D using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    It'll only work if the dotr will stop giving exemptions to certain favored provincial bus operators.

do what you gotta do so you can do what you wanna do

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by beepbeepph View Post
    Read an article a week ago stating the restriction of provincial buses to pick up and drop off of commuters along EDSA. It is also said that provincial buses are only allowed to pick up and drop off passengers in designated terminals and those will violate the rule will be fined a certain amount.

As a motorist who travels along EDSA, I find this very helpful as this can lessen the congestion of the road. Hopefully, they enforce this rule to all major roads. Also, it would also be good if they will impose a law regarding drop off and pick up areas to limit traffic its causes.

Any thoughts on this?
    the policy was already existent, decades ago.
    they just... loosened up a bit on its implementation... until the policy simply... evaporated away.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    aralin kung paano sa 1st world countries. Dapat naman talaga terminal to terminal not anywhere you want.

Even tricycle dapat hindi everycorner may toda kasi pampasikip lang. Maglakad magpaaraw libreng vitamin d3.

To be fair dapat pati private vehicles hindi pwede bili ng bili. Para walang masabi si masang walangkotse. Patagalin si one to two cars for 10 to 15years. Not every 5years bago. Lets say a priviledge to buy 2 cars for every person for a decade.

KAsi walang katapusan yan na skyway. Magpatong-patong na on top of the other. Ang sagwa pangit tingnan. Ang nangyayari umiikot design ng lugar sa kotse. Not good.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    car ownership and usage may be limited.
    but the flipside is, public transport is easily available and effective.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    car ownership and usage may be limited.
    but the flipside is, public transport is easily available and effective.
    Singapore comes to mind. They auction the plates. And that plate is only good for a maximum of 10 years, kahit lamborghini pa yan. BUT they have an extensive mrt network whose stations are served by the city buses. The mrt stations are actually the city bus hubs. They also have a very good taxi service, better than grab or uber. 1990s pa lang pwede ka na tumawag sa dispatcher ng ntuc at ibibigay sa iyo plate number ng taxi na na-assign para isakay ka.

E pero di ba nga "like singapore" na ang pilipins according to kags and minis "myprez"?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    Singapore comes to mind. They auction the plates. And that plate is only good for a maximum of 10 years, kahit lamborghini pa yan. BUT they have an extensive mrt network whose stations are served by the city buses. The mrt stations are actually the city bus hubs. They also have a very good taxi service, better than grab or uber. 1990s pa lang pwede ka na tumawag sa dispatcher ng ntuc at ibibigay sa iyo plate number ng taxi na na-assign para isakay ka.

E pero di ba nga "like singapore" na ang pilipins according to kags and minis "myprez"?
    yes, i had singapore in mind. also, HK.

some parts in the usa also, to some extent.
    years ago, i noticed that a number of students would leave the classroom at exactly 4:30, whether finished or not.
    it turned out, they were catching the public bus for home.

in certain out-of-the-way places, public buses are assigned scheduled trips that ran like clockwork. some trips were in the morning, a few at noontime, and more in the late afternoon and evening. so's folks wouldn't have need to use the car.

also, large carparks were located around train and bus stations, just before entering the city limits. cars would park there, and the occupants would take public transport into the city.
    so it just dawns on me,
    why don't we have similar car parks adjacent to city limit bus stations?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    imo, very seldom naman magsakay ng pasahero mga provincial buses along edsa. they mostly unload passengers then go straight sa terminals nila. they even remind passengers now na bawal sila magbaba at certain parts ng edsa. its the city transport buses plying the edsa route na madalas sagabal sa trapiko kasi nag-aagawan ng pasahero. they even cut your path without any hesitation basta lang maka-pwesto sa unahan ng kapwa nila buses.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    imo, very seldom naman magsakay ng pasahero mga provincial buses along edsa. they mostly unload passengers then go straight sa terminals nila. they even remind passengers now na bawal sila magbaba at certain parts ng edsa. its the city transport buses plying the edsa route na madalas sagabal sa trapiko kasi nag-aagawan ng pasahero. they even cut your path without any hesitation basta lang maka-pwesto sa unahan ng kapwa nila buses.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    I made that same observation in one blog, and suggested that since the provincial buses only offload passengers that there be exclusive offloading stops where the provincial buses can offload passengers. These need to be a separate lane with proper taxi stands also. The taxis plates, drivers names, destinations, etc. can be recorded just like at naia. Of course it will entail the allotment of real estate but maybe the bus companies can shoukder some of the expenses. Stops can be at Balintawak, Trinoma near the mrt, Shaw or Guadalupe, and at after Magallanes interchange.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Provincial buses restriction on major roads