New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ako nag eenglish sa forum pag gusto ko mag practice mag english. wahahaha!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    It's not in me to dictate how one should post**. Just like if I was reading a post in Tagalog, I still take the time to decipher a post even if it's barely readable English. It might take a while too. But hey, that's just the way it is on the internet. I'm not going to make people change for my benefit. I take things at face value. If the post is so poorly written that I can't understand it, I normally request that poster to clarify. Most of the time other posters who do understand jump in and help.

**Except that one time when there was a post which I described as "reeking of a gangbanger wannabe". I actually understood the post (barely). But, I was just being a smart*ss. So, I apologize to whoever made that post.
    +1 on this.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Forums like this are informal and very diverse. You don't question a person's ability or make fun of just because they can't speak, type or even express themselves in the english language. Now, if you can't read or understand the post then don't read it. It's that simple.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by HyBrideVo View Post
    Forums like this are informal and very diverse. You don't question a person's ability or make fun of just because they can't speak, type or even express themselves in the english language. Now, if you can't read or understand the post then don't read it. It's that simple.
    I agree. Just because a post is in "broken" English doesn't mean that said
    poster is "trying hard" or "pa-impress". On the contrary, I think this person
    is quite considerate since even at the risk of being subject to ridicule, he
    wants to get his message across even to our Fil-Am members who I'm sure
    are quite numerous.

Besides, even our Visayan and Ilocano kababayans are more comfortable with
    English than Tagalog.

Lastly, this is supposed to be a freewheeling forum so a minimum of rules
    and non-imposition of sensibilities would be best. Otherwise, posting would
    no longer be fun.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I post in English, Tagalog, or Taglish, depending on my mood. Just a piece of advice. Whether you post in English or in Tagalog, make it sure that you are using the right grammar, word and spelling. And, never use the text lingo. Tama ba ang English ko?

[SIZE="1"]3395[/SIZE]

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    No big deal kung Tagalog, English o Bisaya ang gamit. As long as there's at least one active member who can understand (and translate when necessary), go lang nang go.

But for those who insist on using text speak, eto'ng sa inyo --->

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    But for those who insist on using text speak, eto'ng sa inyo --->
    At eto pa . . .:hit: :hit:

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Kay TS, wala akong pakialam...

English, tagalog, taglish ok laang. Basta wag lang pilitin pag di kaya dahil nakaka hilo basahin.

Sa mga OC naman sa grammar eh kunting pasensya forum itech!

Kung di nyo ma take abay wag mag post dine.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Why are we so conscious kung tama or mali ang English natin?

When I read a post, I go for the substance and don't concern myself
    whether his grammar or spelling is correct or not. Eh kung yun lang naman
    ang inabot ng kaalaman niya, I won't fault him for it. He still has the right
    to participate and get his message across.

If your sensibilities are easily offended by superfluities like grammatical
    imperfections and incorrect spelling, then get off the Internet! Its
    the last bastion of freedom of expression and we should keep it that way!

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    for me walang problema kung taglish pa sya or wrong spelling and even grammar as long as nasasabi niya ng clear ang gusto niyang sabihin. I'm sure somebody can understand it, even if most don't, and still someone would reply. Mas hirap pa akong basahin yung ibang forum na ang post ay puro english, kaya lang punk english or minsan sobrang poetic naman...yo!

same goes with the Thai at Malaysian car forum, posters don't really care kung broken english or wrong spelling.

Even this website "TSIKOT.COM" is a combination of Tagalog and English.

Tsikot is not a proper tagalog translation of car, it was a slang or street Tagalog language but everyone here understood that it means car.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
TO post in english or not, that is the question