New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 14 of 59 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bobi711 View Post
    [SIZE=3]I recently bought a diesel automatic careens in Southern Luzon, Philippines[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]First, the good things.[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=3]air-con is very good.[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=3]the interior is spacious.[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=3]plenty of gadgets [/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=3]lighting panel is impressive.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Now the bad things.[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=3]As cautioned by previous reviews, the after sales service of KIA is lousy.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]After a month of using the Carens on smooth roads and about 20 kms. a day, I saw three (3) wires protruding from the left front Hankook Optimo tire that came with the car. They wouldn’t replace it. They’ll tell you they’d refer it to blah-blah but after a month of this and that, nothing.[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=3]the suspension is too low that when you go down from an embarkment, you’ll hear a loud thump from the underchassis. It will guarantee to break your heart every time you hear it.[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=3]when you go up a hilly road, there is so much noise and the car is huffing and puffing. In Tagalog, hirap ang makina.(the engine is having a hard time going uphill).[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=3]first gear is so noisy.[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=3]there is side-to-side wiggling at low speeds.[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=3]paint is bad. There are small, white round splotches on the paint and they will not buff it for free.[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=3]paint easily gets scratch off no matter how well you take care of it.[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=3]interior gets scratch too easily compared to my Toyota. Because of the cheap plastic.[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=3]going back to the suspension being too low, you’ll hear a thump when you park front first in malls with barriers at the parking lot. Again, your heart …[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=3]pang-babae ang Carens.(a car for women) Test drive it and you’ll know what I mean.[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=3]there is considerable noise even when windows are closed. Try test-driving it in SLEX, you’ll hear the sound from the barriers. Ask your children to count it by the sound they’ll hear.[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=3]marami pa (thre’s plenty more) but my heart bleeds for an almost one million investment.[/SIZE]

good day to u bobi711. hope u get to remdy all those not so good things that ur new carens is making ur heart fibrillate. we were considering ur ride but tnx to the net ( with their reviews, etc) we forego of the plan. it sure is a big headache considering these things should not be for at least 4-5 years in most of the other rides. mura nga compared to others of the same variants...yun nga lang mapapa.... ka naman. wondered also why a popular car authority mag gave this carens a good overall review. hope ur piece gets to awaken people in kia of this unfair bargain. tnx for the info.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Hello po! good morning po sa inyo!

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    hello.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    hello

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Thank you...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Ganda ng TSIKOT!

Mabuhay tayong lahat!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    thanks .. this site really helps!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    With due respect, but i must say that this is so much of a hassle. when a user logged in he/she should be directed to the thread he's supposed to post comment/reply and not be redirected to announcements such as this. it troubles to again search for the thread that i was reading and intending to post.

i hope you'll consider this kind of comment in improving the site.

thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by tsikot View Post
    In less than two weeks, we will be holding Tsikot's Grand Eyeball to celebrate our 5th year anniversary.

A highlight of the celebrations will be the First Tsikot Awards to honor, recognize and give tribute to Tsikot's illustrious, 'famous' even celebrated members who made the Tsikot experience (in other words, pagtatambay sa tsikot) quite unique, gratifying and most of all enjoyable!

Based on your suggestions and inputs, the following are the different categories for the awards:

Newbie of the Year Award
    - for members who have 300+ quality posts/threads/replies, no disciplinary actions given within the past twelve (12) months.

*Tsikot Loyalty Award - for the most pioneer (not necessarily the oldest) active member in the community who will be present during the awards.

*Tsikot Senior Citizen Award - for the oldest member of the community who will be present during the awards. Only members who registered before October 1, 2007 are eligible for this award. Proof of age (driver's license, birth certificate, etc) required during the awarding.

Mr & Ms Tsikot Friendship Award - the community's friendliest male and female members.

Tsikot Workshop Award - most helpful Tsikot member as far as giving car maintenance and driving tips and advice.

Most Humorous Tsikoteer Award - For the Tsikot member whose humor brightens up everybody's day by their jokes and sense of humor.

*Tsikot Shoutbox King and Queen

* Presence required during the awarding ceremonies.

For the rest of the categories, the awards will be sent via courier with their order of the TCard.

Awardees will be chosen based on the results of the following:

40% - admin and moderator panels' choice
    60% - members' polling results (to be opened October 21, Sunday, 5:00 pm, nomination period closing) and to be closed October 27, Saturday, 3:00 PM)

Please post your nominees (in any or all of categories).

The Awards will highlight the Tsikot High Five Grand Eyeball program scheduled October 27.

Thank you!

:car:

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    newbie here.. hello!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    magandang hapon po at gud luck s lhat...

Newbies Hello Thread