New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i'm not sure if there is improvement ... a single page of tsikot is still some 500 kilobytes same as before ... besides traffic (this is major cause), it would help speed up loading if the page size is reduced, for example, getting rid of flash-based features and/or other animated objects in the page
    FYI, server resources includes database calls/processing not just page size. humahaba ang load times kasi mas madami calls sa database and kung bugbog yung database mas matagal ang pagbalik ng content back to the application. kaya bumabagal ang tsikot forums.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    basta wag lang galawin ang mahiwagang shoutbox!! :nono:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by roninblade View Post
    im sorry how does disabling the quickjump make this forum faster?
    you have to go to the root forum page to switch forums.

kung meron quickjump, kahit nasa loob ka pa ng isang thread pwede ka na lipat ng forums.
    +1 here... couldn't figure out why taking out the quick jump would make the forum faster.

Actually, if you take it out, you need to reload again the main page (if ur just using one browser/tab) to go to another forum.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    As long as we're still able to view the topics and post in the threads, it's all good.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i don't know about server usage and all that, but the forum is much much much much much much much faster for me now after y'all made the changes

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    kaya naman pala. hindi ko tuloy makita kung sino ang tumitingin sa thread during drafting sa FNBA. hehehe

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thank you.

there was a slight improvement in the access speeds after the minor changes. anyway, most of these features will be back once we have completed a server upgrade in the future.

for the meantime, we ask everybody to just bear with the inconvenience.

again, thank you for understanding.

:car:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hirap magpunta ng ibang forum without the quickjump. sana ibalik muna yun. yung ibang features naman, di naman ganun ka-vital sa faster loading ata

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    There used to be a dropdown list that allowed you to navigate to another subforum at the bottom of every page. I found that really convenient. Now I have to go back to root to go to another subforum Is it permanently gone?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Can we petition for the return of the FORUM JUMP?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
[merged] Tsikot Access Speed Issues Discussion Thread