Quote Originally Posted by SidCoronel View Post
    Abstinence (e.g. not eating meat) is for 18yrs old and below

Fasting is for above 18yrs old
    Ayos. 17.5 yrs old pa lang naman ako.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    Every Maundy Thursday we (around 5 families) go around and visit 7 churches (2 stations of the cross per church) in Metro Manila..

This year we will be going to the following:

1. Mt. Carmel
    2. Immaculate Conception in Cubao
    3. Our Lady of Miraculous Medal Parish in Proj. 4
    4. Monasterio Real De Sta. Clara
    5. St. John Paul II Parish in Eastwood
    6. St. Pio Chapel
    7. St. Francis of Assisi.
    Hinde kayo nahirapan mag park?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Ayos. 17.5 yrs old pa lang naman ako.

for ages 14 to 59, abstinence from meat on all fridays of Lent, is required.
    the age 18 to 59, refers to fasting.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Hindi naman.. basta maaga lang mag start para 10am tapos na.. pag ganyan naman you can park on the street..

We already did the Manila churches, Makati BGC churches, Sta. Ana Mandaluyong churches, Pandacan Paco Churches, Marikina Churches.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Hinde kayo nahirapan mag park?

Dati nahihirapan kami maghanap nang kakainan after the visita iglesia, pero lately madami nang bukas.. yung Fisher Mall bukas pag holy week.. yung estancia din yata.. pero the rest of the malls Robinson and SM sarado.. may mga ilang starbucks din na bukas..

5. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    for ages 14 to 59, abstinence from meat on all fridays of Lent, is required.
    the age 18 to 59, refers to fasting.
    What if you're vegan or you simply do not like meat and really enjoy eating fish and vegetables... Is it still considered abstinence?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Years ago, my good friend & I used to visit 14 churches with 1 station of the cross each. Sarap mag drive sa Manila walang traffic hehe. Now 7 na lang with 2 stations of the cross each.

Re the abstaining from meat, if you're a vegetarian, then parang hindi ka naman nag sacrifice since you don't eat meat naman right? (edit: same pala kami ng iniisip ni WallyWest hehe)

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWest View Post
    What if you're vegan or you simply do not like meat and really enjoy eating fish and vegetables... Is it still considered abstinence?
    The essence of abstinence is self deprivation, sacrifice & torture.What To Do In Metro Manila During Holy Week...Skip the enjoyed.What To Do In Metro Manila During Holy Week

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    Dati nahihirapan kami maghanap nang kakainan after the visita iglesia, pero lately madami nang bukas.. yung Fisher Mall bukas pag holy week.. yung estancia din yata.. pero the rest of the malls Robinson and SM sarado.. may mga ilang starbucks din na bukas..
    Tungkol sa kainan after the Visita Iglesia - Maundy Thursday night...

And huling simbahan ay sa Sta Rosa, Laguna....

Tapos, kakain ng pospas (masarap ito sa Sta Rosa) ng mga 11:30PM na,- dahil bawal na ang kain/karne ng 12midnight....

Paso ang mga dila naming mga mokong sa init ng masarap na pospas...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I don't believe in fasting. Pagutom ka 3 araw tapos nun tuloy ang ligaya. Same pa din trato mo sa ibang tao. Sweldo ng maid mo 3k pa din.

Share your blessings, mas masaya ang Diyos pag ginagawa mo sa kapwa mo yung dapat iniaalay mo sa kanya.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    sa holy week kain kayo salmon, blue marlin, sizzling tofu, crab meat, lobster, sugpo, calamares, brocolli, cauliflower, caviar rice, sardines pasta, sharkfin siomai, squid balls, tuna maki

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast