New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Kinda ironic that i'm posting about staying in here in the Travel forum, but here goes:

So you're basically stuck in Metro Manila next week; apart from letting yourself getting slow-roasted in your home, what other activities can you do or places you can go(aside from Malls)?

Most likely we'll binge-watch some TV series, but on the off-chance that i get bored, any suggestions?

tia

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    If you don't know already, maybe learn scuba/free diving?

Home - SCUBASTUDIO

3. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    For the past 20-something years, my wife and I have searched the metro for an open restaurant on Good Friday. It was hard back then. The first time, the only thing open was a small Japanese restaurant along Arnaiz. Since then we've found other small places that are either owned, or cater mostly to foreign clients. Nowadays it's much easier. Even fastfood chains are open. We've also gone to large hotels recently, and have noticed more and more people staycationing.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Visit the old churches in Manila and the neighboring cities, bro....

For whatever purpose you have in mind,- they're refreshing for your body, mind and soul.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    ^
    I find driving over 60kph in the ghost town that is Metro Manila during the Holy Week to be good for the soul bro.

A glimpse into how enjoyable the city can be sans traffic 😁

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What to do in Metro Manila?

Visit churches
    Staycation sa hotel
    Visit relatives / friends who are in Manila

Most malls/supermarkets sarado starting Good friday & only opens on Easter sunday kaya better buy what you need before that day.

Kami usually we visit churches in Laguna or Batangas. Di hamak na mas maluwag at malamig doon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by benchph1 View Post
    What to do in Metro Manila?

Visit churches
    Staycation sa hotel
    Visit relatives / friends who are in Manila

Most malls/supermarkets sarado starting Good friday & only opens on Easter sunday kaya better buy what you need before that day.

Kami usually we visit churches in Laguna or Batangas. Di hamak na mas maluwag at malamig doon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agree with bro.whistl3r and benchph1 - how surprising it is to drive leisurely in the Metro during the Holy Week holidays.

Also, since less crowded,- comfortable to be visiting these places....

[Pero sa totoo lang,- mayroon pa ring mga barumbadong magparada kahit na simbahan pa ang pinupuntahan....]

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yup, drag race on edsa. I once had to take a flight on good friday. Congressional Ave in QC to NAIA T1 in 16 minutes. And not a yellow nor a chocolate boy in sight.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    Yup, drag race on edsa. I once had to take a flight on good friday. Congressional Ave in QC to NAIA T1 in 16 minutes. And not a yellow nor a chocolate boy in sight.
    Magawa nga yan this holy week.

I have tried cruising like a madman before in EDSA but it was late night/early morning (30 minutes from Balintawak to BF Homes Paranaque).

10. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Wag na kayo umalis sa holy week unless mag bisita iglesia kayo or visit any religion - related activities.

Ang alam ko mga nag tatravel pag holy week as vacation nagkakarun ng demerit sila sa mata ng diyos and that will leave a bad record once judgment day comes

may reason kumbakit may holy week that is for you to willingly suffer kahit papano. Kasi 3 araw lang yan . Remembee Jesus is the way, dadaan tayo lahat sa kanya

ako umiiwas ako sa mga friends na nag tatravel or nag beach pag holy week, coz it reveals something about them

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast