New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Both Mastercard and Visa are credit card companies. They are engaged by numerous banks for their credit card services and products beacuse of their networks' global presence. Correct me if Im wrong, pero ang Visa merong debit card (Visa Electron) unlike Mastercard. Visa is also involved with the Plus ATM network. With regards to security, I think both are running under SSH2 (Triple DES encryption, a 24-bit 3-time data encrytion algo) so they are much secure. Both are currently implementing chip-based cards (EMV) for added security. Both earn their revenues when a merchant uses their networks for their credit card purchases. This amount (and other fees) is passed on to the customers. That's why in some cases, paying for an item using a credit card is higher than purchasing it in cash. It depends on whether the merchant is willing to absorb these costs.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayor Chris View Post
    ei mga guys ask ko lang ano pinagkaiba nung Visa and Mastercard maliban dun sa spelling and numbers nila? Thanks!!!
    They are different international credit card company supported/distributed by different bank locally and internationally. ( ex. Citibank has Visa and Mastercard, BPI has international Mastercard)
    Visa and Mastercard credit card are widely used and accepted worldwide.
    Each bank has different promos for the use of the card like Zero % interest on items purchased or rewards point.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmm, I should know this... Kasama dapat sa job description ko na to but I really don't know haha.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    sa tingin ko pareho lang visa n mastercard, mas gusto ko lang visa card kasi yung mastercard e feel ko ako yung slave.. he he he.. at least sa visa card ako ang master...joke lang po...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    meron din parang mastercard na debit card. mga electronic mastercard.

6. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    to answer the topic question, they are the same but different assosiation or organization.

kinda like the dvd (format) meron blu-ray, at merong HDVD.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    The difference is negligible. I have not seen a merchant that accepts one but not the other. Though I've seen merchants that DON'T accept any credit cards (JCB, AMEX, MC, VISA, Diners, etc), so having one or the other won't help you in this case. Both cards are pretty much accepted around the world.

So its up to you to choose which card from which bank/financial institution you would like to get. For myself, I choose a low-rate, low-fee, with interest-free day credit card. Points and free miles don't appeal to me as, in my opinion, their offered products stink and it takes forever to gain points to get the product you want. Low maintenance cards should be the first choice of any first-time credit card user, IMO.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    points are only feasible if you spend more than 10k or 20k per month, if not e medyo useless. but at least some banks allow 3 or more years for the user to accumulate points..kahit gift cheque nalang avail pwede na hehe

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Either of the two will do.

Both are widely accepted worldwide. If you're planning to use these cards abroad, I would recommend getting the cards from HSBC, Citibank, Standard Chartered.

From my experience, kapag Philippine banks, in my case, BPI, sasabihin sa iyo,- "Do you have other cards?" Asar nga, eh!

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    better have Visa & Mastercard credit cards to be safe...

a third card na maganda is Amex... maganda daw kung kasama ka sa elite club ng Amex users... yung black ba yun????

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
What is the difference between Visa and Mastercard??