New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    On January next year, I'll be going to Singapore for a 3-day business trip... Its my first time there.

I beleive na medyo mahal ang mga bilihin dun? Any idea on what to buy there na mura? Or talagang mahal lahat ng bilihin dun?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mackvil View Post
    On January next year, I'll be going to Singapore for a 3-day business trip... Its my first time there.

I beleive na medyo mahal ang mga bilihin dun? Any idea on what to buy there na mura? Or talagang mahal lahat ng bilihin dun?
    Mga electronics like dig. camera, handycams, IPOD, etc. yung pwedeng dalhin na handcarry, panalo. Mas mura roon. Go to Sim Lim Square. Sa Orchard Rd., marami rin (Lucky Plaza). Pero kelangan marunong kang makipag-haggle sa presyo. Kundi mapapaaway ka lang......He-he!

LCD TV, Plasma, Home Theater pwede rin, pero pag dagting sa atin, baka patawan ka ng duties, taxes. Samantalang yung mga small items like the one I mentioned, di na halata sa customs natin.

Happy shopping!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if you like fishing, ang sarap bumili ng fishing stuffs doon, everything na meron sa US, you can also get it in Singapore...:fishing2:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Never get anything from Sim Lim/LP hehehe, unless you want to be dooped... If you must, you better be really good at knowing what you're getting and what's included with the package... Locals here avoid that place unless they have to get it from there hehe. Don't say I didn't warn you.

There's a lot of sale here right now, and if you're a tourist, your purchases are eligible for GST refund (actual rate of around 5-6% rebate) from the airport.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Oh, Giordano shops (whole store) are 40% off island-wide... Most Baleno, G2000 and similar shops are 30-50 off as well.

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Mahal talaga sa Singapore dahil malaki ang value ng pera nila. Pero kung you know where to go hunt for a bargain, much much better. Ask ka nalang sa mga kakabayan doon, pretty much they are willing to help you.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if it's gadgets and stuff, go to hardwarezone.com.sg they have a pretty accurate price tracker for most stuff.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tingin din cguro ako ng prevailing prices ng electronic gadgets to compare them... i find the giordano shop sale interesting....

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    if it's gadgets and stuff, go to hardwarezone.com.sg they have a pretty accurate price tracker for most stuff.

ui ok ito ah pati philippines meron... pde na magcompare! Thanks!

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    careful lang sa some salesman sa sim lim square...they will give you discount but you have to buy extra battery, camera bag, cleaners...etc..etc.. just ask for the best price and warranty also the GST...if they complain...walk away. always remember...customer is always right.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
What to buy at Singapore?