New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    pickpockets, yup! take good care of your MILLIONS * Vietnam.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wala yatang direct flights from Manila to Cambodia. Balak ko sana Manila-Ho Chi Minh-Siam Reap/Phnom Penh-Manila. Parang sayang kasi yung time to travel back to Ho Chi Minh just to fly back to Manila.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Wala yatang direct flights from Manila to Cambodia. Balak ko sana Manila-Ho Chi Minh-Siam Reap/Phnom Penh-Manila. Parang sayang kasi yung time to travel back to Ho Chi Minh just to fly back to Manila.
    When in PP watch out for the Long Bongs courtesy of Gov Arnold.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
    When in PP watch out for the Long Bongs courtesy of Gov Arnold.
    What's a Long Bong?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Me and the wifey were in Vietnam (HCM) just last month. Total DIY. Parang Pinas din ang Vietnam, ibahin mo lang ang mga signages. You would think you were still in Manila.

The only places I can recall worth visiting in HCM were the War Remnants Museum and the Reunification Palace. Didn't bother going to the Cu Chi Tunnels, since I was advised by an officemate it wasn't worth my time or money. Pero panalo ang shopping sa Ben Thanh Market, Saigon Square and Russian Market (Lucky Plaza). Got my Samsonite luggage for a steal, aside from several genuine Adidas shirts.

Word of warning about Vietnam: Super-dami ng mga motorsiklo! As in! They also drive recklessly. Hirap tuloy tumawid ng kalsada. But some locals told me na if you to cross the street safely, just cross and let the motrocycle drivers veer away from you. Sila na daw ang iilag, kasi sanay na sila sa ilagan, hehehe.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Marami bang english speaking people sa Vietnam and Cambodia?

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    Meron din naman po marunong pero medyo hirap pa rin sila sa English. Sa palengke nga ang usapan at tawaran doon eh calculator na lang. Parang sa Thailand din.

OT -Just a tip: if you plan to change your dollars, do it in the hotel kase mas mababa ang palit sa money changers sa labas.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    expensive..nothing to see...bangkok na lang ako and go to spa everyday.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    No direct flights. When I go to Cambodia (work related travel), via Thailand ako. Pwede mo gawin eh yun nga i.e. Manila-Ho Chi Minh, Ho Chi Minh-Seam Reap, Seam Reap Phnom Penh. I like Phnom Penh as it's kind of laid back but not much attractions for tourists.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Paputol putol na English. Sa Phnom Penh, conversational kaya nila pero you have to speak slowly and use simple words. From many an experience, if they don't understand eh they would just say YES to please you then do the exact opposite. Sa Vietnam, conversational din kaya nila pero speak slowly and use simple words din.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Vietnam and Cambodia