New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Wala na yata talaga pera ang USA, pati mga VISA-Waiver-Country Tourists na pupunta US para magbakasyon, gusto na rin nila singilin para mag-tour sa kanilang bansa:

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,,5985907,00.html

Travelers who do not require visas for the United States - such as most citizens of Europe, including Germany, as well as Australia, New Zealand, South Korea and Japan - must pay a $14 tax (11 euros) starting Wednesday.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    malaking pera din yan ha, sa dami ng pumupunta doon

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    bayad lang naman diba.

I'll be attending a wedding in the US early next year. Should I apply for a proper visa?
    I'm a citizen of a visa-waiver country.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Negus View Post
    bayad lang naman diba.

I'll be attending a wedding in the US early next year. Should I apply for a proper visa?
    I'm a citizen of a visa-waiver country.
    Ang intindi ko magbabayad lang. You don't need to apply for a proper visa.

But to be sure, I think it's best to contact the US embassy.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Here's the official word from US Dept. of State:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/wi...hout_1990.html

Effective September 8, 2010, all Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) registration applications or renewals on or after that date will require a $14.00 fee payment by credit or debit card.
    ESTA is Required: Effective January 20, 2010, the Department of Homeland Security is transitioning to enforced compliance of the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) requirement for VWP travelers. Therefore, VWP travelers who have not obtained approval through ESTA should expect to be denied boarding on any air carrier bound for the United States.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Ah bayad lang is fine... Kala ko kailangan na mag-apply ng visa for Canadian citizens (I am one dual with Philippine citizenship)...

US Visa-Free Travel: A Thing of the Past???