New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchtower View Post
    14. Best to avoid paying state taxes – order your stuffs online
    Whenever I order online and the shipping address is in the US, particularly California, taxes are added upon checkout.
    Signature

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yes. Incoming and outgoing SMS has a charge. As to how much, depends on how much the host will charge Globe.
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

For your incoming text,- no charge.

Pero, your outgoing text,- mayroong mas mataas na charge.
    15.2K:froggy:
    So which is true?
    Signature

3. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    about text charges, i think wala naman para sa incoming. outgoing meron, pero the last time i was there in LV, dami ko rin text both in US and PI and di rin naman gaano mahal. yung P990 (Globe Duo ito) ko na monthly eh wala naman yatang nadagdag. just stick to texting though, no calls unless it's an emergency. and when texting, sulitin mo na. use all the 142 chars you're allowed to make your point clear para wala mahabang discussion. iwasan yung mga yes/no/ok lang na text. at kung me wifi, email na lang kung it's not so urgent.

anyway, will be on a three weeks us/canada tour din this april. it's more of accompanying my sister & family in their first US trip. so yung mga pupuntahan namin eh mostly napuntahan ko na rin dati. thrice ko na ito sa disney, twice sa universal, twice sa new york/ new jersey and fourth na sa california as a whole. hassle lang nga as i am caught right in the middle of my ongoing car "projects". medyo excited pa kasi ako ngayon on my newfound interest in detailing and sprucing up my ride. so those will have to wait until my return. still, i hope to enjoy our trip as this will be my first time paying for it out of pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by jdee12 View Post
    Mga sir, di ba mahirap kumuha ng US Visa?
    btw, may nakapag sabi kasi sa akin kapag marami ka na rin visa sa ibang bansa hindi na daw mahirap kumuha ng US Visa.
    bale 4 na Visa ko, dahil sa pag ttravel ko: UK Visa, Japanese, Australian pati South Korean Visa
    thanks!
    i think you're almost 90% there (or maybe more). when applying, you pay thru BPI then do a question and answer on your online application. pay particular attention to this step and answer each question truthfully and exhaustively. there will be a question on travels abroad so list everything (or the last 4 yrs yata). this is important as this online form will be their main basis in evaluating your application, not necessarily whatever form you may have prepared & brought with you (COE, ITR, bank certs, etc). it is quite rare that they will ask for this items. usually you're either rejected agad or approved. then dress properly, that is, don't overdress or underdress. be confident at the interview and look at the consul when replying. so it is important to answer the online form truthfully, so that you don't get caught off guard when you're asked about it.

when planning your trip na (congrats, you've been approved already). concentrate on where your friends and relatives are first. syempre kaya magandang travel destination ang US is becoz of them. it's not that you get to stay for free, but at least that's a good chunk out of your travel budget. if you have enough time, i recommend taking inland transpo (either the bus or train) instead of flying. you get a good feel of the culture, the places and the people that way. kahit sa california lang, going from one county/city to another you will see the changes/differences.

happy trip, fellow travelers.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi
    Whenever I order online and the shipping address is in the US, particularly California, taxes are added upon checkout.
    If the online store also resides within California, you will be hit with a state tax. Make sure to check first were the order will originate to skip this unecessary charge.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi
    So which is true?
    I'm taking reference to my local experience with AT&T. Here incoming and outgoing SMS is charged whether inside or outside any US carrier.
    International Text, Picture & Video Messaging - Wireless from AT&T

I'm just assuming that since Globe will connect and use local infrastructure they will be charged for this mode. Sorry but I have no concrete info to support this. I guess if ever there is a charge I'm sure it will not cost you an arm and a leg. I think gearhead have useful info based on his experience with Globe.

Have a very exciting trip ahead. If you need support, just contact anyone from us in SoCal. Lastly don't forget Springbreak = bikinis

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    If the online store also resides within California, you will be hit with a state tax. Make sure to check first were the order will originate to skip this unecessary charge.

Yup,- kaya ako, pinapa-ship ko na lang sa ibang State.... Marami namang sources iyan, kaya typically, not shipping out of CA..

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    So which is true?

In my limited experiences, since your number is 'registered' in the Philippines, even when you're in the US, any text that you receive coming out of the Philippines will not be charged. It will just be the normal text charging on the phone sending the message in the Philippines...

Now if you reply to the text message,- you will be charged...

Ganito ang alam ko, nuong huling magbiyahe kami sa US last August (2011)..

Puwede mong subukan iyan sa mga prepaid phones dito... Mag-text ka ng isang Philippine number na nasa US ang location and then check your balance....

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    No need to do all that, just call up Globe Serbice and ask.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT

In my limited experiences, since your number is 'registered' in the Philippines, even when you're in the US, any text that you receive coming out of the Philippines will not be charged. It will just be the normal text charging on the phone sending the message in the Philippines...

Now if you reply to the text message,- you will be charged...

Ganito ang alam ko, nuong huling magbiyahe kami sa US last August (2011)..

Puwede mong subukan iyan sa mga prepaid phones dito... Mag-text ka ng isang Philippine number na nasa US ang location and then check your balance....
    tama Ito, Pareho ba tayo ng na post?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
<<Tips in Touring U.S.>>