New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    No one knows pa. Baka di na rin natin malaman kung ano talaga lol. Sabi ng tropa ko ung mga foreigners nung nakalabas na ng plane, were hugging each other. Lol akala siguro nila terror or something. 3 hours on the plane ung tropa from landing to de-planeing. Grabe!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Heads should roll....

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by unmarked View Post
    Sabi ng tropa ko ung mga foreigners nung nakalabas na ng plane, were hugging each other. Lol akala siguro nila terror or something.
    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    This is new gmik ng DOT, upon arrival pa lang thrilling na...."It's more Fun in the Philippines"

4. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    I was in NAIA 3 to pick up my nephew yesterday at exactly 4pm. buti nangyari ito ng evening otherwise nag wala si nephew. bugnutin pa naman ang batang yan.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    If I were Pnoy, this is where I draw the line -Abaya and Honrado should submit their resignation papers on Monday! You want to support the administration yet you have this embarrassing situation that slaps you in the face and leave you hurting ang frustrated. Meantime Abaya will just issue a general statement that he will look into the generator system when obviously it is more than that. What an incompetent and ineffective head that should be severed with a sharp ax!

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by macsd View Post
    Not until you have 2 incompetent idiots Abaya & Honrado running the show.
    Agree. How about the GM of T3 Bing Lina? He should have ensured that gensets are available for backup power

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    5 oras? Sobra naman yan.

Anyare sa backup?

"Unaccepatable" is an understatement for this situation.

Oh baka naman praktis yan para sa Election Day?

Congrats PAbaya, Honrado, et. al., di pa rin kayo patatasikin.

Palpak pa more.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Parang mas worse pa ang T3 kesa T1 I can't imagine 5hrs na walang power yon nga may power napakainit na sa loob lahat ng passenger pawisan lalo na mga 3PM pag palubog na araw sakto sa depature

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Sino magiging scapegoat dito?

5-HOUR AIRPORT POWER OUTAGE
    One generator set at NAIA-3 failed —DOTC chief
    Published April 3, 2016 2:43pm

A drained generator set probably due to poor maintenance was one of the reasons of the five-hour power outage at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport Terminal 3 (NAIA-3) that left hundreds of passengers stranded.

"Sabi niya may na-drain [na battery]. Hindi nagkick-in ang isang genset (generator set) natin. May drainage sa battery power... Hindi nag-transmit ng power sa building (NAIA-3) mismo," Transportation and Communications Secretary Joseph Emilio Abaya told radio dzBB in an interview on Sunday morning, referring to NAIA-3 manager Octavio Lina.

Abaya said that there were 10 gensets at the NAIA-3 and that the other nine worked.

"Batteries ang pinapaliwanag sa atin kung bakit hindi nagkick-in to the switch gears," he added.

Abaya said that there is a possibility that the gensets were not properly maintained.

"I have to check... Tinitingnan natin if it was fully drained, there was no charing prior to this, it was charged but did not switch...," the transportation secretary said, enumerating possible reasons why the genset failed.

He said that airport officials failed to immediately determine the real cause of the power outage because their priority was to restore power so that operations would resume.

The blackout at the NAIA-3 happened at past 8 a.m. and power was fully restored at past 2 a.m., Abaya said.

The NAIA-3's operations were fully restored before noon Sunday, based on an advisory by the Manila International Airport Authority on its Facebook account.

The MIAA said the power outage at the NAIA-3 happened after a substation of the Manila Electric Company (Meralco) at around 8:45 p.m. Saturday.

Meralco, meanwhile, said that the glitch was restored in less than a minute.

It said that the five-hour power outage could have been caused by "trouble on the customer's loadside."

More than 100 flights were canceled and delayed following the power outage.

Heads will roll?

Asked if "heads will roll" over the rare power outage, Abaya said their priority was to restore the operations of the NAIA-3.

"Alamin natin kung ano ang tunay na dahilan para hindi maulit muli... Ang 'heads will roll' madali na po iyan," he said.

Meanwhile, Abaya said that he will order the full checking of all gensets at the NAIA and other big airport nationwide.

“If the problem is maintenance, then we have to check not only in Manila but dapat tignan muli ang maintenance procedures ng airport nationwide,” he said.

Security and safety

Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP) spokesperson Eric Apolonio, meanwhile, said that procedures are in place for similar emergencies to assure the safety of passengers.

Apolinio said the airlines were immediately informed of the situation through their communications tower.

“Kapag nagkaroon ng power glitch, automatic po ‘yan na advised ang mga airline na umiikot to go on hold muna,” he said.

Apolinio explained that the separation time between the arriving and departing airplanes from airlines had to be prolonged.

A report by the Philippine News Agency said some flights that were supposed to land on the NAIA-3 were diverted to the other NAIA terminals (1, 2 and 4) that were not affected by the outage.

Apolinio assured no violations of the safety procedures were committed during the power outage.

“Inspite na kulang ang power sa nasabing terminal ay nakalapag naman at nakaalis ang mga airlines although medyo na-delay,” he said.

He also reminded the passengers of the cancelled and delayed flights of their claims as inscribed by the Air Passenger Bill of Rights.

“Protektado naman ang mga pasahero diyan. Kaya wala po silang dapat ipag-alala. Ang mga airlines po ay i-a-assist sila,” he said.

Meanwhile, Apolonio said that standby gensets would naturally fail in case a whole terminal is hit by a blackout.

“Kapag standy gensets talaga ang ginagamit, mediyo mahina talaga ang binibigay na kuryente at apektado ang security process screening. Ang NAIA ang laki-laki niyan, malaki ang equipment,” he said. —Kiersnerr Gerwin Tacadena/ALG, GMA News
    - See more at: One generator set at NAIA-3 failed —DOTC chief | News | GMA News Online

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast