New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Last weekend of May, We went to a road trip to southern Luzon together with my fellow hobbyist photographers. We took off around 2:20am Friday and went back 10:00pm Saturday. I made couple shots I just want to share to you, just in case you are planning to go to Bicol.

We made our stop at Atimonan Pier (Quezon province)around 5:15am to witness the sunrise. It was captivating.

Last edited by larshell; June 5th, 2009 at 09:13 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Nice captures! Thanks.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    nakapunta ba kayo sa cagsawa ruins and huyop-huyopan cave?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Bro.,- ang sarap magkuwentuhan (at mag-inuman) diyan sa may Atimonan pier..... hanggang madaling araw....

Mababait ang mga tao riyan......

Did you pass by the "Bitukang Manok" on your way to Atimonan? Another great photo ops there....

8000:borg1:

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Here are nice stops going to Bicol.

1. Atimonan - Sa taas, sa Quezon National Park.
    2. Atimonan Pier

If you want to drop by Bagasbas Beach in Cams. Norte, use the old Maharlika Highway bypassing Quirino Highway that cuts the the old route to 30-45 munutes. Waves in this shorelines are very nice and captivating specially for Surfers.

In Cam. Sur, the CWC, in Albay, you can drop Hoyop-hoyopan Cave in Camalig, there's also a classic 100+ year old house in Libon which still exists and owned by Ayo family, where the likes of Aguinaldo and company met, during the Spanish era for their meetings. Century old utencils, cabinets, etc are there for private viewing only. The Cagsawa Ruins in Daraga. Misibis Resort in 1st district of Albay. The Mayon Volcano has a good view if you're on the side of Tabaco, Tiwi. The side facing Guinobatan, Ligao, Camalig is not so good.

Going farther South in Sorsogon, is Donsol known for its Butantig. These are only few of those good sites in Bicol.

*TS, BTW, changed your topic from Vulcano to Volcano . No offense meant.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mey0r View Post
    Here are nice stops going to Bicol.

1. Atimonan - Sa taas, sa Quezon National Park.
    2. Atimonan Pier

If you want to drop by Bagasbas Beach in Cams. Norte, use the old Maharlika Highway bypassing Quirino Highway that cuts the the old route to 30-45 munutes. Waves in this shorelines are very nice and captivating specially for Surfers.

In Cam. Sur, the CWC, in Albay, you can drop Hoyop-hoyopan Cave in Camalig, there's also a classic 100+ year old house in Libon which still exists and owned by Ayo family, where the likes of Aguinaldo and company met, during the Spanish era for their meetings. Century old utencils, cabinets, etc are there for private viewing only. The Cagsawa Ruins in Daraga. Misibis Resort in 1st district of Albay. The Mayon Volcano has a good view if you're on the side of Tabaco, Tiwi. The side facing Guinobatan, Ligao, Camalig is not so good.

Going farther South in Sorsogon, is Donsol known for its Butantig. These are only few of those good sites in Bicol.

*TS, BTW, changed your topic from Vulcano to Volcano . No offense meant.
    Butanding I mean

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Thanks a lot guys!

To continue. After eating breakfast our next stop is in the town of Gumaca
    still in Quezon.

Ito yong mga nakita namin sa Gumaca.

"Yari sa tinabtab na bato at may bubong na tisa, ang kutang ito ang tanging nalalabi na ipinatayo ng mga kastila sa pangangasiwa ng paring pransiskano noong huling bahagi ng ika-18 siglo upang ipangtanggol ang bayan laban sa pagsalakay ng mga tulisang-dagat. Sa pagitan ng dalawang moog, si P. Francisco Costa ay nagpatayo noong 1850 na yari sa apog at bato upang ipagsanggalang ang bayan buhat sa hanging mula sa hilangang-silangan".

You can see this view on you way to Bicol. I think this is in Daet.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    After Gumaca Our next destination is Legazpi. Next morning destination is Cagsawa ruins.

Mt. Mayon is very beautiful especially early in the morning. Considering it is drizzling when we got there and the sun did not come out.

After Mayon We go back to our Hotel and took a nap. At around 10am were on our way to Manila but made some stops at Busay Falls and Deer breeding farm. This is in Cam sur.

Sana nagustuhan nyo. I'm planning to go back soon but via plane naman para mas maraming mapuntahan. We spent more than 24hrs on road if my calculation is correct.

I will upload videos for more appreciation. Thank you for viewing:
    [SIZE="5"]BICOL[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="5"]My Gallery[/SIZE]

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post
    nakapunta ba kayo sa cagsawa ruins and huyop-huyopan cave?
    Cagsawa yes. Huyop-Huyopan cave nop maiksi lang kasi ang oras ng grupo. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Bro.,- ang sarap magkuwentuhan (at mag-inuman) diyan sa may Atimonan pier..... hanggang madaling araw....

Mababait ang mga tao riyan......

Did you pass by the "Bitukang Manok" on your way to Atimonan? Another great photo ops there....

8000:borg1:
    Yes we did pass by Bitukang Manok but night time on the way to Atimonan and Going back to Manila. Sayang nga e. Next time nalang siguro. Thanks!

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Bro,

what time kayo nagpunta sa cagsawa? last time 6am kami pumunta pero puro fog. di makita mayon.

anyway napansin mo ba yung mga amateur photoG sa ruins? may mga trick sila sa pagkuha ng pics usng your cam.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Mayon Vulcano and some part of Southern Luzon