New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2020
    Rimowa for the win. Yun lang. Biyak palagi. Always claim ka pa for the airline to get reimbursed for the damage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinRocks View Post
    Rimowa for the win. Yun lang. Biyak palagi. Always claim ka pa for the airline to get reimbursed for the damage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    namamahalan ako sa rimowa.
    echolac na lang.
    i even have those 1000 peso handcarry-size wheeled maletas that shoemart has been hawking for some time now.
    ok naman siya.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    For Check-in bags.

Samsonite -> American Tourister -> Kamiliant
    All under 1 company...

Had a conversation with a Samsonite guy once...

All the best/newest tech goes to Samsonite, years later it will go to American Tourister... and years later, will go to Kamiliant

So if you can't afford a Samsonite now, go for a mid-range American Tourister... or Kamiliant if you're on a budget.

For Carry-on

Lojel Cubo for my wife
    Xiaomi for my daughter

Kamiliant was initially introduced in India around 2016.

Samsonite unpacks new luggage theme | Business Standard

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    namamahalan ako sa rimowa.
    echolac na lang.
    i even have those 1000 peso handcarry-size wheeled maletas that shoemart has been hawking for some time now.
    ok naman siya.
    ok na yan.it is treated the same in airports. iitcha nila pa rin mga bag natin.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    ok na yan.it is treated the same in airports. iitcha nila pa rin mga bag natin.
    mas masarap yata balibagin yung high end, dahil mas magaan sila.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    mas masarap yata balibagin yung high end, dahil mas magaan sila.
    haha! i will tell you kapag may rimowa na ako.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Personally, problem ko sa Rimowa is since Aluminum-Magnesium yung material nya, cute lang kapag bago... kapag nagkaroon ng dent/bangga, pangit na tignan (and masakit n asa bulsa)

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    Personally, problem ko sa Rimowa is since Aluminum-Magnesium yung material nya, cute lang kapag bago... kapag nagkaroon ng dent/bangga, pangit na tignan (and masakit n asa bulsa)
    think of it like this:
    hindi na pag-i-interesan kapag may tama na.
    and you won't have to hold your breath at the airport baggage claim conveyor belt anymore.

when we travel,
    wifey takes the nicer-looking bag.
    i intentionally take the worse-looking bag.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Rimowa or Tumi for hand-carry. Was choosing between these two models (Rimowa Essential vs Tumi Latitude):

Similar SRP at $600 (PH pricing closer to 45k though). Rimowa has a more classic design although the Essential looks plain compared to the higher-end aluminum Classic.

Tumi looks edgier and the case is scratch-resistant, plus easily identifiable with the your initials engraved.

Clincher was that Tumi was on sale at 60% off while Rimowa was only 10% off. It's like getting a Tumi for the price of a Samsonite.

For check-in, Samsonite. Has to be durable enough to get thrown around but not too expensive. American Tourister is good too if you're on a budget. Feels flimsier than Samsonite but should be more durable than mall brands.

Left-field option - Muji. Almost same price as Samsonite though but a good alternative if you want something different.

If you're on a tight budget the Xiaomi luggage actually looks durable and decent for the same price as dep store luggage.

Best to buy luggage abroad, much cheaper than PH. Most I got with a local purchase was 25% off with Samsonite. American Tourister offers 30% discount every now and then. Compared when you buy abroad where 50% discounts are pretty common.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jut703; May 20th, 2020 at 04:32 PM.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    Not all Rimowas are aluminum. The Essential line is polycarbonate.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast