New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Thanks! I'll really push for Lakawon when we go back.

*Boracay, i was able to go there back in the 1990s and its was just peaceful and clean. Now, i just find it too commercialized and dirty so i'm also in search of other places to wind down at. Last year, our family took a trip to Buenavista Island off Davao City and that was also great; problem is that it's kinda pricey (but worth it). Maybe Lakawon would be worth the yearly trip as it's not pricey to go to Bacolod.
    Pricey nga Buenavista Island kaya sa Samal Island na lang kami.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Since the time algae (lumot) started to plague Boracay shores, nawalan na ako ng gana maligo sa beach. Kung minsan maliligo lang ako on the first day tapos ayaw ko na. I always get this feeling that I'm swimming in human waste.

Which is true ........ since a number of drunk partyphiles would sometimes use the beach as a urinal in the cover of darkness.

Laid back Bohol, I discovered recently has beaches comparable to Boracay, minus the party crowd.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    ^ algae is a sign of a dirty water. Isipin mo na lang kung bakit madami sa Boracay. Night life na lang doon talaga yung pang-hatak sa karamihan.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Pricey nga Buenavista Island kaya sa Samal Island na lang kami.
    Naghahanap ka pa ng beach eh nasa Palawan ka na rin?

Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Since the time algae (lumot) started to plague Boracay shores, nawalan na ako ng gana maligo sa beach. Kung minsan maliligo lang ako on the first day tapos ayaw ko na. I always get this feeling that I'm swimming in human waste.

Which is true ........ since a number of drunk partyphiles would sometimes use the beach as a urinal in the cover of darkness.

Laid back Bohol, I discovered recently has beaches comparable to Boracay, minus the party crowd.
    *Bohol, we love it there also but we don't stay at Alona since i prefer the old Bohol Beach Club shoreline as it's not crowded. When i'm at the beach, i want it to be quiet and not crowded since i'm usually with my kids. That was the great thing about Buenavista, you have the entire friggin island to yourself as they only allow one booking at a time.

If there's one thing with Boracay though, it's the bikini college girl and yuppie crowd that still makes it nice. However, based on pics i see lately, the crowd is becoming quite... uhm.. well. Also, the last time i was there, i remember that stupid drainage that emptied right onto the beach.

When i was going around before, i also found some very nice, fine white beaches in Saranggani.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    ^ Nasa Davao na rin lang kaya sinubukan ko na din beaches.

Bawi na lang ako sa fruits! Wala na talaga tatalo sa Amanpulo sa Pinas.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post

grabe nga ang lumot.
    once may ch2 reporters na nasa boracay this holy week, very evident nga yung lumot along the shores.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    ^ Nasa Davao na rin lang kaya sinubukan ko na din beaches.

Bawi na lang ako sa fruits! Wala na talaga tatalo sa Amanpulo sa Pinas.
    Ibang level naman yung Amanpulo eh. Pang Shadow na yan... kung mahilig lang siya sa beach.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    double post
    Last edited by vinj; May 2nd, 2012 at 06:10 PM.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Naghahanap ka pa ng beach eh nasa Palawan ka na rin?

*Bohol, we love it there also but we don't stay at Alona since i prefer the old Bohol Beach Club shoreline as it's not crowded. When i'm at the beach, i want it to be quiet and not crowded since i'm usually with my kids. That was the great thing about Buenavista, you have the entire friggin island to yourself as they only allow one booking at a time.

If there's one thing with Boracay though, it's the bikini college girl and yuppie crowd that still makes it nice. However, based on pics i see lately, the crowd is becoming quite... uhm.. well. Also, the last time i was there, i remember that stupid drainage that emptied right onto the beach.

When i was going around before, i also found some very nice, fine white beaches in Saranggani.
    +1 ako sir sa bohol beach club. pero don kami sa dumaluan beach resort nag-stay. though nag-share lang din naman sila sa parehong shore line kasi magkatabi lang sila. ganda don, tahimik. may kumakanta/entertainer din pero till 10pm lang kasi nga ayaw nila maka-storbo sa mga guests. pero open naman ang bar so pwede pa din maginom.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ecneret View Post
    +1 ako sir sa bohol beach club. pero don kami sa dumaluan beach resort nag-stay. though nag-share lang din naman sila sa parehong shore line kasi magkatabi lang sila. ganda don, tahimik. may kumakanta/entertainer din pero till 10pm lang kasi nga ayaw nila maka-storbo sa mga guests. pero open naman ang bar so pwede pa din maginom.
    Yes, Dumaluan Beach Resort was good. Stayed there for 4 nights and 5 days! Money well spent ..

On most nights my wife and I would have the mini bar all to ourselves ...... Grilled scallops on garlic and butter plus buttered chili prawns downed by ice cold SMB-PP + by the seashore + peace and quiet + an ever attentive wait staff at your beck and call = Priceless!
    Last edited by lowslowbenz; May 2nd, 2012 at 06:27 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
How much more nga kaya?