New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you ask me, with Boracay they should stop and first fix all their loose ends (sanitation, land issues, sewerage and transport).

For Baguio, it's already too crowded. I've been going up there since i was a kid and now and the pollution is just bad that i can't even smell pine anymore unless i drive out to Ambuklao.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    ^so true. kitang kita na nga yung smog dun.
    with regards to that sm parking lot naman, just goes to show that the pagka environmental kuno ng SM eh pakitang tao lang sana iboycott na lang ng mga tiga baguio ang sm dun.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by keithdb View Post
    ^so true. kitang kita na nga yung smog dun.
    with regards to that sm parking lot naman, just goes to show that the pagka environmental kuno ng SM eh pakitang tao lang sana iboycott na lang ng mga tiga baguio ang sm dun.
    Grabe nga yung pollution. Before you could drive with you windows rolled down; now you have to use the A/C.

There's no problem with development really. Want an SM Mall? Go build it since pumupunta din naman tayong lahat (although i have some sentiments about building SMs just about anywhere, dami rin natatamaan na small and medium traders/stores in some areas). The main problem is that these developments go contrary to what we see in other countries where the environment (trees, sewerage, traffic flow, etc) is taken into consideration with the design. Who's at fault here? IMO, its not really SM all throughout but the LGUs and DENR amongst some for allowing Baguio and Boracay to reach those overdeveloped states.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Boracay and Baguio are already ruined. I've been to Boracay way back since 1985 IIRC.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    If you ask me, with Boracay they should stop and first fix all their loose ends (sanitation, land issues, sewerage and transport).

For Baguio, it's already too crowded. I've been going up there since i was a kid and now and the pollution is just bad that i can't even smell pine anymore unless i drive out to Ambuklao.
    Is it still worthwhile driving to Ambuklao, bro?

15.5K:boxing1:

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Before Boracay, there was Sicogon Island, just off Carles town also in Panay. It was the place to be way back in the late 70's and early 80's. It even had its own small airport.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Is it still worthwhile driving to Ambuklao, bro?

15.5K:boxing1:
    It's worth it now since the roads are all good. Just bring snacks and empty your bladders before leaving Baguio. Back in the late 80's to 1990s, we had to use 4x4 vehicles to go towards Ambuklao. We used to stay in the old Meralco Compound which was located along Ambuklao road, a few kms. out of Baguio.

Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Before Boracay, there was Sicogon Island, just off Carles town also in Panay. It was the place to be way back in the late 70's and early 80's. It even had its own small airport.
    Speaking of islands, is Lakawon island worth the trip? Never been there but i'm planning to try it on my next hop back to Negros.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Speaking of islands, is Lakawon island worth the trip? Never been there but i'm planning to try it on my next hop back to Negros.
    Yeah, its worth it. Been there several times before way back when the owner was yet to realize his islands' tourism potential. Right now that same owner manages the islands' only resort/hotel. Beach is clean and the waters pristine. Place is pure peace and quiet. No boracay-like revelry allowed.

You might want to try Punta Bulata also, down in Cauayan. A resort and marine reserve, it has good diving and snorkelling spots. Check them out: Punta Bulata: Negros Occidental White Beach Resort & Spa

Enjoy primo!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Yeah, its worth it. Been there several times before way back when the owner was yet to realize his islands' tourism potential. Right now that same owner manages the islands' only resort/hotel. Beach is clean and the waters pristine. Place is pure peace and quiet. No boracay-like revelry allowed.

You might want to try Punta Bulata also, down in Cauayan. A resort and marine reserve, it has good diving and snorkelling spots. Check them out: Punta Bulata: Negros Occidental White Beach Resort & Spa

Enjoy primo!
    Thanks! I'll really push for Lakawon when we go back.

*Boracay, i was able to go there back in the 1990s and its was just peaceful and clean. Now, i just find it too commercialized and dirty so i'm also in search of other places to wind down at. Last year, our family took a trip to Buenavista Island off Davao City and that was also great; problem is that it's kinda pricey (but worth it). Maybe Lakawon would be worth the yearly trip as it's not pricey to go to Bacolod.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
How much more nga kaya?