New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'll be there from Wednesday til Sunday. Work at Waterfront, stay at Microtel.

Is there a night life in Davao? Any interesting thing to do?

Totoo bang walang cable TV after midnight?

As I don't have a car there, how do I move around? Ok ba taxi service?

Thanks!

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post

Thanks!
    taxi services are good unlike in manila.

cable tv? i don't know with other provider but with our provider it's 24/7.

if i have nothing to do on friday or saturday, i'll hook you

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    ....para may reason ako makalabas hahaha

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Taxi service is reliable and honest per my experience.

There's places like Jack's Ridge (overlooking view), buhay pa ba yung The Venue (or something like that) and Matina Town Square? Pwede ka rin mag side trip to Paradise Island, Eden Nature resort, etc.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Was in Davao 7 years ago. Stayed at the Grand Men Seng Hotel. What I remember most about Davao is the feeling of security. We felt safe even at night walking the streets.

As posted above, cab drivers are quite honest. Takot kasi sila kay Duterte kung mang-gagantso sila. Medyo boring nga yata ang night life, although we didn't get to tour much during night-time.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    stayed there for several years and i miss davao still after all these time

marami mapupuntahan dyan if you know the place and the right people. heck! i lived a life of semi-debauchery over there and i'm still hung over 'til now

7. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post

Thanks!
    if you like water spa, go to Metrolifestyle Bahia(?) Spa. this is along Torres St.

It is along Torres St. too that you'll get to see lots of restaurants to choose from.

for night life, you have Matina Town Square. there are new nightspots near your hotel too.

i don't know if they still have non-aircon taxi, mas maraming gusto sumakay nito kasi 1 peso lang ang patak, while aircon 3. binabalik ng driver yung sukli. unlike in Manila, na kahit 30 pesos, gusto pang maging tip mo sa kanila mabaho naman yung taxi.

Eden...if you like to go trekking and eat foods from organic produce. Jack's Ridge...marami din bars dun. Samal Island, masarap din kumain dun.

one good thing about davao, di sila madamot sa wifi. free. order lang requirement nila para kumita naman sila.

like the above posters, i soooo like Davao. i like the discipline. enjoy!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just got back and had a great time. Our party was booked in different hotels (Microtel, Grand Regal, Pinnacle). I got Pinnacle. It's a new hotel and the facilities are great but the service leaves a lot to be desired (and I'm not a demanding customer). I emailed them about it and the email just bounced back. Wow.

Visited Eden nature park. Not really my kind of thing but it was nice. What wasn't nice is that our sponsor booked this place for a big dinner and the place could not keep up. Naubos ang mga tables, nawalan ng food, etc. Frankly, sana nag Big Mac na lang ako sa McDo instead of travelling all the way there.

Jack's ridge was nice. Had coffee at Karlo cafe.

The city itself was nice. I just like to go shopping and Gaisano Mall, SM Davao, and the numerous smaller shops that dot the city did not disappoint. Did not get to visit Robinsons and Victoria Mall.

On the automotive front, ANG DAMING TOYOTA! And ang daming Toyota Land Cruiser sa Davao. It's getting to be my favorite city. hahaha. Dami din ex Korean vehicles like Korando and those Samsung badged Nissan Cefiros and Teanas.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just got back and had a great time. Our party was booked in different hotels (Microtel, Grand Regal, Pinnacle). I got Pinnacle. It's a new hotel and the facilities are great but the service leaves a lot to be desired (and I'm not a demanding customer). I emailed them about it and the email just bounced back. Wow.

Visited Eden nature park. Not really my kind of thing but it was nice. What wasn't nice is that our sponsor booked this place for a big dinner and the place could not keep up. Naubos ang mga tables, nawalan ng food, etc. Frankly, sana nag Big Mac na lang ako sa McDo instead of travelling all the way there.

Jack's ridge was nice. Had coffee at Karlo cafe.

The city itself was nice. I just like to go shopping and Gaisano Mall, SM Davao, and the numerous smaller shops that dot the city did not disappoint. Did not get to visit Robinsons and Victoria Mall.

On the automotive front, ANG DAMING TOYOTA! And ang daming Toyota Land Cruiser sa Davao. It's getting to be my favorite city. hahaha. Dami din ex Korean vehicles like Korando and those Samsung badged Nissan Cefiros and Teanas.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    maganda talaga ang davao city. it's got a cosmopolitan lifestyle coupled w/ the quaintness of the laid back attitude of provincial life. too bad mindanao has a bad rep and d.c. is also being somewhat affected by that perception problem. if it weren't for that, i'd reckon d.c. would be mentioned in the same breath as cebu city

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
HELP!  Davao