New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    This is one regret I have in my life. I should have migrated when i had the chance (twice!) before but the thought of going out of my comfort zone and starting a job from scratch scared me. Country for migration

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by willownavarro View Post
    Japan!

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk
    My friend suffers horrific racism in Japan. Her daughter is always insulted as a half-breed in her school.

To the point the daughter had to move back to the Philippines to study.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by EQAddict; February 22nd, 2018 at 10:45 AM.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinCycle View Post
    Japan will be a challenge if you can’t speak Nihonggo. They’re very conservative towards foreigners working there that can’t speak their language.

I know basic Japanese and I still find it difficult to converse with the locals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agree.

Visiting as a tourist I think okay lang pero if you will settle na talaga dun? Language, reading and writing (eto daw madugo) is a must. They will not adjust for you.

BTT

Almost all na kilala ko na nag migrate is Australia / Canada bound.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by willownavarro View Post
    Japan!

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk
    Interesting. What makes you say Japan is a good place to migrate to?

How do you plan to deal with the language barrier and the general aversiveness to "gaijin"?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I vote for Canada.

Sobrang boring sa Australia.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    I vote for Canada.

Dami ko kakilala na IT peeps nagpunta sa Australia. Naging outdoorsy types at lingguhan sa beach bigla

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    I vote for Canada.

Saan sa Canada bro? Been to BC and Alberta medyo boring din. On the plus side, kahit saan halos lumingon mukhang postcard.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Just hangout with a friend in tokyo who's been there for 3 years. Married to a Japanese. According to him, grabe daw racism sa kanya ng ibang tao. Masarap maging tourist lang daw. Even names ng kids nya kelangan tunog japanese

9. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    AU. Stayed there for a couple of months. People are courteous unlike here. Plus, if you feel homesick, 7 hours lang ang byahe. Medyo mahal nga lang ang cost of living.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinCycle View Post
    Japan will be a challenge if you can’t speak Nihonggo. They’re very conservative towards foreigners working there that can’t speak their language.

I know basic Japanese and I still find it difficult to converse with the locals.

The language itself is hard to master. You should be able to memorize at least 3,000 kanjis (chinese characters) just to be considered as literate. There are also different "levels" of the language depending on whether you are talking to a child/pet, your peers, your boss, the head of the company, the PM, and the emperor.

Even natives have to sometimes guess the meaning of kanji characters based on context. Some can't even transact business because they do not know business Japanese.

Correct me if I'm wrong but AFAIK it's impossible to gain citizen status. Marrying a native doesn't automatically make you a Japanese citizen.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Country for migration