New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    will be going to China - Beijing next week for a business trip.. it's my first time to go to China..

Any tsikoteer in Beijing??

Any tips where to go (aside from the famous tourist spots), where to eat, where to hang out in Beijing??

2. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Convert your ATM card to international so that you can withdraw money.
    Also, get a credit card with a huge credit limit - for shopping just in case, have someone write in chinese the address of the hotel where you are staying at, para ipakita mo na lang sa taxi driver. minsan kase meron hindi nakakaintindi ng english. taxis are controlled by the gov't in china so they are ok and safe... and they always issue a reciept(based on my experience). 1.5 rmb per km ata yun rate. when I went to shanghai ang nakuha kong taxi is airport limo(although the car sucked hehehe), they charged me 400rmb. pag regular taxi mga 150rmb lang. i did'nt knew anything about the place then so I guess I got suckered

I think you wont have any language barrier in beijing. I would think most chinese there would know how to speak english like in shanghai. pag medyo liblib yun lugar baka very few may alam magenglish like here in chengdu. so if you plan to go shopping dun sa mga lugar outside the malls(yun parang divisoria sa atin) bring a calculator. oh and ask for discount upto 70% of the price. sa shanghai, naloko ako. I thought i got a good price by asking for a 50% discount, yun pala baseline is 70% hehehe.

enjoy your stay! I think its summer here in china so its abit hot and humid, not sure exactly in beijing. medyo up north kase ang beijing from where I am now(sichuan province). we all know how big china is hehe. one part is snowing, the other part is hot haha!

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    thanks for the tip cardo..

naghanap na nga ako nang mga chinese phrases.. hindi nga daw lahat nakaka pagsalita nang english don..

hopefully hindi naman ako iiwan nung mga kausap ko don.. so somebody will guide me wherever I go..

looking forward to see the great wall and forbidden city..

ehh kamusta naman ang nightlife don??

Quote Originally Posted by cardo View Post
    Convert your ATM card to international so that you can withdraw money.
    Also, get a credit card with a huge credit limit - for shopping just in case, have someone write in chinese the address of the hotel where you are staying at, para ipakita mo na lang sa taxi driver. minsan kase meron hindi nakakaintindi ng english. taxis are controlled by the gov't in china so they are ok and safe... and they always issue a reciept(based on my experience). 1.5 rmb per km ata yun rate. when I went to shanghai ang nakuha kong taxi is airport limo(although the car sucked hehehe), they charged me 400rmb. pag regular taxi mga 150rmb lang. i did'nt knew anything about the place then so I guess I got suckered

I think you wont have any language barrier in beijing. I would think most chinese there would know how to speak english like in shanghai. pag medyo liblib yun lugar baka very few may alam magenglish like here in chengdu. so if you plan to go shopping dun sa mga lugar outside the malls(yun parang divisoria sa atin) bring a calculator. oh and ask for discount upto 70% of the price. sa shanghai, naloko ako. I thought i got a good price by asking for a 50% discount, yun pala baseline is 70% hehehe.

enjoy your stay! I think its summer here in china so its abit hot and humid, not sure exactly in beijing. medyo up north kase ang beijing from where I am now(sichuan province). we all know how big china is hehe. one part is snowing, the other part is hot haha!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    6 important things to do in Beijing

1. Visit Tiananamen Square
    2. Visit Forbidden City
    3. Visit Summer Palace
    4. Visit The Great Wall of China
    5. Visit Temple of Heaven
    6. Eat Peking Duck

5. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    they say peking duck is more of hong kong style dish(like dimsum), is this true?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Okay ang nightlife sa Beijing, majority ng mga banda sa mga bars ay Pinoy. Di ka malulungkot dyan. Saka marami kang mapagtatanungan na Pinoy.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sarap ng peking duck sa beijing. dun ka kumain sa pinagkakainan ng mga heads of states during their visits to china. higante ang mga peking ducks dun. forgot the name of the resto na.

ok daw na night spot sa beijing is xin tian ti, just tell the taxi and siguradong alam nila yan. hindi nga lang ako nakapasyal dun dati dahil kulang sa oras.

when you go to the great wall, don't forget to get a Hero Card ID with your picture in it. it's a proof that you have climbed the great wall of china, i think it's in the 3rd or 5th tower.

it's the start of summer season in beijing, pero right now, hindi pa gaanong mainit. sa bandang september umaabot yata ng 40C. and minsan meron pang sand storm.
    Signature

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    ok daw na night spot sa beijing is xin tian ti, just tell the taxi and siguradong alam nila yan. hindi nga lang ako nakapasyal dun dati dahil kulang sa oras.
    nasa shanghai yata ang xin tian di, if I remember correctly.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    wont have a lot of time on this trip... siguro I'll just have 1 and half day for sight seeing.. the rest puro meetings.. ewan ko sa gabi kung makakalabas.. depende sa trip nung mga ka meeting ko don..

may curfew ba nang 11pm sa beijing??

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bolantoy View Post
    nasa shanghai yata ang xin tian di, if I remember correctly.
    ummm, hindi ko na rin sure, hehe.
    Signature

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
China Trip