New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    To those who are from Cebu or have been to Cebu, can you recommend a nice place for a family vacation this September (sem break ng mga bata)? I prefer yung resort / beach type na place with reasonable rates. Is Tambuli a good place? Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Ok po sa Tambuli sir! Gnada ng Beach at ng Resort.

Maganda din po sa Plantation Bay, pero may kamahalan po.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    try Porto Fino in mactan or Hidden Mountain Paradise Resort in san fernando....

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    bantayan island, santa fe, cebu..... anyone been there? sabi nila maganda daw dun....

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    hi im from cebu, try mo i google ang camotes island, the island is still a part of cebu however it is a detached island north of it. it is beautiful out there and it is like a little boracay when it comes to the description of the beach, the room are very affordable. If you really want a family outing in a very nice place.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i have stayed there in bantayan - sta fe around 3yrs ago. maganda, tahimik ang lugar ..
    beach was clean kaso i didn't have time to bathe sa dagat kasi umaga lang ako free...eh low tide... as in 1km away ang layo ng tubig from the normal shoreline...rooms were clean, food not that bad (but they should improve it sana).

barrio ang dating ng bantayan...probably like boracay 10-15years ago...mahirap lang ang pagpunta dun...the plane was very noisy and looks unstable...kung landtrip naman malayo tapos merun pang tawid dagat na boatride....kung boat trip naman all the way from Cebu city port eh hindi ko pa nasubukan.

okay din ang tambuli...food is good and the rooms are clean. yung mga anak ko with me were grade3 and 1 back then (3years ago na rin), they enjoyed the swimming pool pero the sea was "unfriendly" sa paa nila kasi hindi buhangin na puro.

sa plantation bay and shangri-la are way above good (1 year ago).... value for money dahil lean season ang sem break baka sulit na rin. they have very good pools and their beach fronts were maintained well - buhangin mostly - hindi yun broken coral rocks...kaya hindi gaano masakit sa paa. Food is also superb....pricey nga lang.

STAY AWAY FROM ecg (o egv yata) resort malapit din ito sa Tambuli Resort ... sayang lang ang pera mo. Rooms not cleaned well, food is bad tasting, beds are worn out (nanakit ang likod ko) dahil nasasag na at sobrang alon (akala mo water bed)....very unfriendly for making-love...nakawawala ng momentum.

Since nasa Cebu ka na...why not go to Bohol instead - Palau islang ba yun?! - Bohol beach club....i haven't stayed here yet pero i have heard good reviews from friends who stayed there.
    Last edited by wildthing; August 17th, 2007 at 10:44 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    sta fe., bantayan island or the less known camotes islands. or if you are more adventurous- malapascua.

meron din sa south of cebu: sumilon island. meron sila day-use only and stay ka nalang in another cheaper resort para maka tipid.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I suggest Plantation Bay (the last time I went there was 2 years ago). Since you're going to bring kids along, they have activities for children and teenagers, too. They also have a spa there for the moms. In other words, it's really good for a family vacation since nobody will be left out.

It's a bit expensive, but worth it. Plantation Bay is a big place, but they have service golf carts that goes around the area and it can pick you up from your house/room and take you anywhere within the resort and back.

If you want more information and pictures of the resort, this is their website:

http://www.plantationbay.com

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    if you have time to spare, go to malapascua or bohol...

Quote Originally Posted by srbogoy View Post
    try Porto Fino in mactan or Hidden Mountain Paradise Resort in san fernando....
    Porto Fino, ito ba yun malapit sa Mepz? Ganda ng beach saka mga cebuana Sa dating kong company may office kami sa MEPZ. dun lagi ako nagbibeach maski lunch time tapos balik sa office mga 1:30 or 2:00. Kaya pag pagbalik ko sa manila akala ng officemates saka boss ang sipag ko mag survey kasi ang itim ko hehe

Meron pa akong napuntahan sa Argao. May survey kasi kami dun at sabi ng engineer ko may beach daw na malapit so pinuntahan namin. Turns out beach nga pero hindi pang tourist. Parang fisherman community/barrio pero ok naman tumulong kami sa paghuli ng maliliit na isda. Pagkwento ko sa father ko nalaman ko na dun pala nang galing yun ibang ancestors namin

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Thanks for the replies! Ginaganahan tuloy ako! Bantayan and Camotes islands seem like remote places for adventurous adults, but since I have 3 young kids with me, hwag na muna. Looks like it's either Tambuli or Plantation Bay. The pictures of Plantation Bay sa website looks WOW! Is it true na man-made lang ito lahat? On the other hand, I was able to check out the website of Tambuli and it looks okay although the pics are not as interesting - siguro hindi lang marunong yung photographer. he he. Maybe I'll stay 1 night in Plantation and 1 night in Tambuli.

We've been to Bohol last year sem break din. So Cebu naman kami this year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Cebu vacation