New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Cult Zero View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DonT View Post
    Maybe a little bit OT..but how does one decide where to live?

1. Near one persons work or business?
    2. Near childrens school?
    3. Near relatives?
    far from relatives
    My in-laws are in Australia.
    My wife's in-laws are in the US.

We're both happy here in Britain.
    [SIZE=1](and YES on questions 1 and 2)[/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightSix View Post
    My in-laws are in Australia.
    My wife's in-laws are in the US.

We're both happy here in Britain.
    [SIZE=1](and YES on questions 1 and 2)[/SIZE]

why don't you just say that your parents are in the US? hehehe

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    College palang po ako mga kuya. Sabi po kasi ng friend ng mom ko, maganda daw magput-up ng business doon kasi less competition daw and mas malinis yung lugar.

Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    depends maybe... if your business and your job is your bread and butter, you may really want to relocate everything. i know people who were living in Metro Manila but relocated their families and their stuff to Cagayan de Oro, to Santiago, Isabela and to other regions in the Philippines because it is required of their job. Mostly people who do this are in sales and expect that their job in that area will be a career move for them. Imho, most places naman have decent schools in which you can transfer your kids to. Yun nga lang, malaking adjustment sa kanila.

but for me, i am living in BF Las Pinas. Although i am thinking to have my house rented and move in into a bigger place outside of our village, i am holding it as of now. Because i do not want my kid, who studies in ESS Las Pinas, not to travel far.

for relatives, although my parents live in alabang, hindi sya kasama sa considerations ko.

so to conclude, mostly, the reason why people relocate is because of their jobs and/or businesses. remember the reason of the squatters why they choose to go back squatting? because they say, its near their place of work.
    Sa BF din po kami nakatira. I'm an alumni from seton nga po pala.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^^^if I may ask, ano ba ang gusto ninyong itayong business? again relative yan na mas mabilis magtayo ng business sa cebu...depende talaga..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by samejicon View Post
    College palang po ako mga kuya. Sabi po kasi ng friend ng mom ko, maganda daw magput-up ng business doon kasi less competition daw and mas malinis yung lugar.

Sa BF din po kami nakatira. I'm an alumni from seton nga po pala.
    suggestion ko lang bro. talk to your parents and have them visit cebu, lets say for a couple of weeks. try to study the environment, including the business environment of the business that you want to put up.

OT: neighbor! hahahaha. grade 2 pa lang anak ko sa ESS.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    why don't you just say that your parents are in the US? hehehe
    Because we've got siblings, too, and a spouse's parents aren't the only in-laws.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Hindi ko pa po alam kung anong business ang ipuput-up namin if doon na kami lilipat.

Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    suggestion ko lang bro. talk to your parents and have them visit cebu, lets say for a couple of weeks. try to study the environment, including the business environment of the business that you want to put up.

OT: neighbor! hahahaha. grade 2 pa lang anak ko sa ESS.
    yun din po sinabi ko sa mom ko. Hehe. Oo nga po pala. Sis po, not bro.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by samejicon View Post
    Hindi ko pa po alam kung anong business ang ipuput-up namin if doon na kami lilipat.

yun din po sinabi ko sa mom ko. Hehe. Oo nga po pala. Sis po, not bro.
    OT: sorry...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    tell your mom to also consider davao city. the place is great and the academic institutions there are pretty classy too. i know a lot of people who are doing very well here in manila, in cebu, in the us and in japan who are grads of davao city based colleges (ateneo de davao, davao doctor's college, davao med school, etc . )

business wise, i think davao city is long over due for a boom. medyo may naiwang bad rep lang because some people think mindanao is still a frontier type place, tipong wild,wild west ang dating. but in realty it has great infrastructures, peace and order is excellent, beautiful tourist spots are a dime a dozen (lots of impeccable beaches and beautiful mountain resorts), cost of living is pretty neglible, and more importantly, clean water is abundant all over (pati ang chicks abundant din ) .

and btw, tagalog is very much utilized over there so communication problem would be very minimal imo
    Last edited by baludoy; January 30th, 2008 at 12:18 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    tell your mom to also consider davao city. the place is great and the academic institutions there are pretty classy too. i know a lot of people who are doing very well here in manila, in cebu, in the us and in japan who are grads of davao city based colleges (ateneo de davao, davao doctor's college, davao med school, etc . )

business wise, i think davao city is long over due for a boom. medyo may naiwang bad rep lang because some people think mindanao is still a frontier type place, tipong wild,wild west ang dating. but in realty it has great infrastructures, peace and order is excellent, beautiful tourist spots are a dime a dozen (lots of impeccable beaches and beautiful mountain resorts), cost of living is pretty neglible, and more importantly, clean water is abundant all over (pati ang chicks abundant din ) .

and btw, tagalog is very much utilized over there so communication problem would be very minimal imo
    i would agree with you bro on davao. for one, it is such a peaceful city conducive for business. the economy and the purchasing power of the people there is rising dahil they have been already introduced to urbanization.

tagalog also is very much utilized dahil most of the davaoenos can talk tagalog. yung iba nga dun eh wala pang punto (accent) kung magsalita ng tagalog.

agree with you also on the chicks... hehehehe. dami.... ang lalambing pa...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Cebu or Manila?