New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Morz View Post
    Will need to drive to bicol from qc next weekend to attend a burial. This will be my longest drive and first time in bicol. Hingi sana ko tips mga sirs planning to do a night drive hindi naman ako antukin pero how is the terrain ba at night for a driver with 6 months experience pa lang. TIA
    My last travel ko nung april, road condition is ok compared in the past years pero tatdad pa rin ng sira sirang daan/road works simula papasok ng quirino hangang tagkawayan so ingat sa pagovertake lalo pag gabi since may malalim na uka/harang ung gitna ng daan. Tagkawayan to the rest of bicol swabe na yan. meron din paunti unti road works bago mag calauag.

I'd suggest na mag morning trip 3am since first time driver ka pa bicol para makaiwas sa traffic thus less pagod. pero kung need mo talaga mag gabi, mas safe kung may ka palitan ka. 8:00pm best time sakin para mag night trip.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Just went to Bicol over the weekend. Left Manila at 4am. It was still dark as we traversed SLEX until Sto. Tomas. By the time we got to San Pablo, the sun was already rising so visibility was good. Had breakfast at Candelaria then straight until Naga. I was convoying with my GF's dad so my pace was much slower, we got to Naga at around 1pm.

Road works all over, but the worst part is Tagkawayan (which ironically noone seems to be rehabilitating). I used to travel Manila-Bicol with a pickup so I just shrugged off the road imperfections, but with a Vios loaded with 5 passengers and luggage, it was such an uncomfortable ride.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Thanks. Will probably leave at 3am so that it will be light by the time we get to quezon but still early to avoid traffic.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Bros meron ba sa inyo nag drive to bicol from metro manila recently? I heard kasi na traffic is more than usual sa may quezon part sa ngyn. What time did you leave MM and where in bicol is your destination? Balak ko umalis 2am. Budget travel time ko is 14 hrs + 2 hrs stopovers. Libing kasi pupuntahan ko the next day. Dont want to drive all throughout the night before. TIA

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Saan ka sa Bicol pupunta? Even with Holy Week traffic, 11 hrs lang byahe ko to Naga including stopovers.

Last weekend it took us 9 hours including stopovers.

Legaspi is an additional 2 hrs from Naga. Sorsogon is +3 hrs from Naga.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Sorsogon, juban. Me mga nauna na kasi ko relatives yesterday, took them 18 hrs to get there, pero via commute sila. Even if I leave now sabi ni waze 13 hrs. Siguro nman pag midnight run mas less pa. Meron daw kasi part sa quezon na ginagawa road 1 way lang.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Juban is about 12 hours away from Manila (incl. 1 stopover for breakfast in Quezon) if you leave at 3am. Add another hour if you'll stop over for lunch in Naga. Add another hour if you're a slow driver.

As for road works, never namang walang road works papuntang Bicol. Kasali na yan sa computation ng oras lagi. Walang instance na bumyahe ako to or from Bicol na walang ginagawang daan sa South Road.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Yeah, sounds just about right sa estimates ko, will have the whole afternoon to sleep and huling lamay sa gabi. Panic kasi tong wife ko baka daw pagdating nmin aandar na libing entourage. Hehe.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Juban Seaoil is my usual stop-over to and from Leyte.

16Hrs pinakamatagal ko na byahe from MNL to Matnog leaving metro at 12:30AM.

Tama si sir Jut, plus 1hour or more pagpanay buntot sa mga buses and trucks.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Mga sir, marami pa din ba ng reblocking (1 way) sa quezon? Salamat.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast