New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by prince777 View Post
    or keeping your CC at the top of its credit limit so those fraud transaction would be avoided!...

which i have for almost 3 years now...but the interest is slowly killing me...

Easy enough to request for a CC with a low credit limit for online purchases.

BDO even issues a special CC for online transactions only with low credit limit.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    before those passengers are allowed to check in, dapat pakita nila yun card na ginamit sa booking ah...
    I think that PAL does this, but not Cebu Pac since I've traveled a couple of times via Cebu Pac and all I showed was the booking details and my driver's license.

Regarding the TS's problem, you can call the credit card company and inform them that you want a "chargeback" against that specific transaction. With a chargeback, the CC company will withhold payment to CP and launch an investigation. If it is proven that the transaction was fraudulent, the amount charged will be credited back. The CC company and CP can then go after the fraudsters.

BTW, does the TS know anyone from that group? If not, I know one possibility of how this happened. Remember how some establishments request for an ID before they honor the CC? has the CC owner provided an ID that was taken away for a while and then returned back?

This is the reason I don't easily give my ID when I make a CC purchase. I demand that the ID inspection be done in front of me; I never allow my ID to be taken away form me and brought to a place I can't see what people are doing with it. I also disallow details such as my home address being written down. If the establishment insists, I tell them that I can dictate the ID number, but I won't give other details. If it's really a necessity, I use a card whose billing address is different from my home adress. It's also one reason why I try not to use my home address as the CC billing address.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    di ba bago ma-finalize yung CC transaction ay meron pang password thru verizon na hahanapin? pati ba password na-hack din? nakakatakot naman because all my flight tickets are purchased on-line.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by prince777 View Post
    or keeping your CC at the top of its credit limit so those fraud transaction would be avoided!...
    I'll pass on this tip to her, prince. Very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    before those passengers are allowed to check in, dapat pakita nila yun card na ginamit sa booking ah...

kung mahilig ka talaga sa online purchases using CC, have another CC na maliit ang limit so kahit na ma hack eh hinde masakit bayaran...
    I know Cebu Pacific has a show-CC policy upon checking-in but in the Davao airport they don't strictly follow it. I think ganun din sa Cagayan de Oro where my sister lives

Citibank now gave her a temporary CC number for online transaction and is now investigating the fraud

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Easy enough to request for a CC with a low credit limit for online purchases.

BDO even issues a special CC for online transactions only with low credit limit.
    Funny you mentioned BDO. She actually works there but it was here Citibank card that was used in the fraud

Quote Originally Posted by digitalron View Post
    I think that PAL does this, but not Cebu Pac since I've traveled a couple of times via Cebu Pac and all I showed was the booking details and my driver's license.

Regarding the TS's problem, you can call the credit card company and inform them that you want a "chargeback" against that specific transaction. With a chargeback, the CC company will withhold payment to CP and launch an investigation. If it is proven that the transaction was fraudulent, the amount charged will be credited back. The CC company and CP can then go after the fraudsters.

BTW, does the TS know anyone from that group? If not, I know one possibility of how this happened. Remember how some establishments request for an ID before they honor the CC? has the CC owner provided an ID that was taken away for a while and then returned back?

This is the reason I don't easily give my ID when I make a CC purchase. I demand that the ID inspection be done in front of me; I never allow my ID to be taken away form me and brought to a place I can't see what people are doing with it. I also disallow details such as my home address being written down. If the establishment insists, I tell them that I can dictate the ID number, but I won't give other details. If it's really a necessity, I use a card whose billing address is different from my home adress. It's also one reason why I try not to use my home address as the CC billing address.
    I'll tell her about the chargeback, digitalron! Very helpful info.

No, she doesn't know anyone in the 11 names that travelled

Quote Originally Posted by Gumusut_Amige View Post
    di ba bago ma-finalize yung CC transaction ay meron pang password thru verizon na hahanapin? pati ba password na-hack din? nakakatakot naman because all my flight tickets are purchased on-line.
    I doubt there is this feature in the Cebu Pacific site.

What's fishy about this whole transaction is that Citibank never called my sister to confirm any of the transaction before approving the charge...

I really appreciate each and every input, folks. Malaking tulong!

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Me and my wife have traveled several times abroad and locally already via CebuPac, using her CC. But they've never asked for her CC prior to check-in. Passport lang.

AFAIK, kung group booking, you cannot do it via CebuPac if the cardholder is not among the passengers. But then again, baka di na ako updated sa policies nila. Si misis kasi parati ang nagbo-book para sa aming dalawa eh.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    good day sir thanks sa info. marami ng ngyari ng ganyan pero wla gumawang hakbang para sa mga ganyang ng nayari,dapat may gumawa ng complin para sa ng ganyari diba?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Sir, nabiktima din ako. Pero ayaw ibigay ang mga names ni Cebu Pacific. Paano po nakuha ninyo ang names na gumamit? Gusto ko kasi magdemanda sa mga criminals na to. 59,816.48 for seven transactions ang ginamit sa Citabank cc ko. Patulong naman po.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Kapatid ko yung nabiktima. She filed a dispute case with Citibank against the Cebu Pacific charges and sent a complaint letter to DTI. Citibank eventually waived the charges and my sister cancelled her credit card already. Ito advise nya na gamit mo.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Salamat Sir sa info. nakasubmit na po ako ng dispute letter at na block na ang card. Paano po pala nakuha sa inyong kapatid Sir ang mga passenger names at contact number ng mga criminals? Ayaw kasi ibigay ni Cebu pac at hindi rin makapromise ang citibank.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    You may try to retrieve the ticket at cebpac's website. Click manage booking for options of whatever available info you may have. Just key in your cc number and you'll get the soft copy of the ticket. Presto! You'll have the names of the criminals.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Beware: Fraudulent Cebu Pacific online transaction!