New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Pinost ng kapatid ko sa Facebook status page niya:

"The following persons took a flight at Cebu Pacific Air fraudulently using my credit card: RUDELIO ARRINGOY, HERMIE YANEZ, EULA GRACE YANEZ, SEBASTIAN BENTOY, FELIX MERCADO, EULOGIO JR TARAY, JULIUS VELOSO, JOSE JICK RIBO, ALEX ALEGARBIS, FARRAH ROJAS, BENJAMIN EMANO, all amounting to P40,308.89. They all had one contact# 09156073194. Take a look at how unsecured online transactions are..."

Ano kaya puwede niyang gawin?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    How the heck those people get the CC details anyway?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Report it to the credit card company so the transaction can be flagged an fraudulent.

Depending on the company, he might be asked to pay for the amount then get a refund after investigation.

This is the reason why I rarely transact online. I also asked my credit card company to lower my credit limit and not allow transactions above my limit so these hackers won't get much from me in case they get my details.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Buti pa BPI Card kasi they call the card holder prior to approving the online transaction. Citibank (my sister's CC) didn't. Tapos Citibank said they will investigate the matter within 60 days.

My sister also reported these transactions to the NBI. Ano pa kaya pwede niyang gawin?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by prince777 View Post
    How the heck those people get the CC details anyway?
    Lots of ways to skin that cat: Intercepted mail, skimming of actual cards in corrupt establishments, phising, corrupt (bank / credit card) call center agents, etc. Take your poison.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by anonemus View Post
    Buti pa BPI Card kasi they call the card holder prior to approving the online transaction. Citibank (my sister's CC) didn't. Tapos Citibank said they will investigate the matter within 60 days.

My sister also reported these transactions to the NBI. Ano pa kaya pwede niyang gawin?
    AFAIK, liability dapat yan ng Cebu Pacific, unless of course one of the tickets was in the name of your sister?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    All the tickets were in these names: RUDELIO ARRINGOY, HERMIE YANEZ, EULA GRACE YANEZ, SEBASTIAN BENTOY, FELIX MERCADO, EULOGIO JR TARAY, JULIUS VELOSO, JOSE JICK RIBO, ALEX ALEGARBIS, FARRAH ROJAS, BENJAMIN EMANO.

Initially, Cebu Pacific wouldn't even release the names to my sister as their confidential daw.

Any other tips on what she can do? NBI? DTI?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by anonemus View Post
    All the tickets were in these names: RUDELIO ARRINGOY, HERMIE YANEZ, EULA GRACE YANEZ, SEBASTIAN BENTOY, FELIX MERCADO, EULOGIO JR TARAY, JULIUS VELOSO, JOSE JICK RIBO, ALEX ALEGARBIS, FARRAH ROJAS, BENJAMIN EMANO.

Initially, Cebu Pacific wouldn't even release the names to my sister as their confidential daw.

Any other tips on what she can do? NBI? DTI?
    If it were me, I'd talk first with the bank - HSBC, CITIBANK, BPI, etc. Tell them she did not make those transactions, and ask the bank to reverse it. Let the bank deal with Cebu Pacific.

If she's a valued client, more often than not, the bank will reverse said fraudulent transaction.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    Report it to the credit card company so the transaction can be flagged an fraudulent.

Depending on the company, he might be asked to pay for the amount then get a refund after investigation.

This is the reason why I rarely transact online. I also asked my credit card company to lower my credit limit and not allow transactions above my limit so these hackers won't get much from me in case they get my details.
    or keeping your CC at the top of its credit limit so those fraud transaction would be avoided!...

which i have for almost 3 years now...but the interest is slowly killing me...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    before those passengers are allowed to check in, dapat pakita nila yun card na ginamit sa booking ah...

kung mahilig ka talaga sa online purchases using CC, have another CC na maliit ang limit so kahit na ma hack eh hinde masakit bayaran...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Beware: Fraudulent Cebu Pacific online transaction!